wyoming riding

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you dont see too many guys from wyoming posted here.

I think about a year ago, there was a post with some incredible pictures.

You may want to search on this forum, or the pictures and video for wyoming..

I'm going to make it up north this season I've decided. Wyoming is a really good state to ride in I've heard.

I'm from Wyoming but just moved here from Montana last summer. I spent all last summer exploring riding areas around the Powell/Cody area but haven't been down around Casper yet. If you find some good places to ride down in that area let me know!

Going to be in Sheridan the end of June begining of July visiting family. My brother says that Worland is a big riding area but he is not into ST. I however like it and would like to find some within an hour or two of Sheridan. Anyone know this area?.

The Big Horns have a lot of riding. Unfortunately with all the utility quads around there isn't much ST. Still some good riding though. You can be on the mountain from downtown Sheridan in 20 minutes.

I've heard that Upton has a lot of ST about 2 hrs and 15 minutes east of Sheridan, but I haven't ridden it yet. They have an enduro there on June 24 that is supposed to be a pretty good event if that is something you are interested in.

I've also heard there is some good riding over by Worland, but haven't been there yet either.

I just moved here last August and spent most of my riding time in the mountains. I will hopefully be getting around to some of the other riding opportunities this year.

My brother and his family will be here visiting from June 29th - July 17th so I couldn't help you out during that time, but any other time on the weekends it could be possible for me to show you what I know about up in the mountains.

The Big Horns have a lot of riding. Unfortunately with all the utility quads around there isn't much ST. Still some good riding though. You can be on the mountain from downtown Sheridan in 20 minutes.

I've heard that Upton has a lot of ST about 2 hrs and 15 minutes east of Sheridan, but I haven't ridden it yet. They have an enduro there on June 24 that is supposed to be a pretty good event if that is something you are interested in.

I've also heard there is some good riding over by Worland, but haven't been there yet either.

I just moved here last August and spent most of my riding time in the mountains. I will hopefully be getting around to some of the other riding opportunities this year.

My brother and his family will be here visiting from June 29th - July 17th so I couldn't help you out during that time, but any other time on the weekends it could be possible for me to show you what I know about up in the mountains.

Yes I would be tickled to have a race on my vacation. Do you have any more info on the enduro race?

I don't mind blasting down the quad trails, it's just nice to throw it a little ST but like most ST to find it someone usually has to show you or make your own.

Try the Rocky Mountain Enduro Association Website.

www.racermec.org

Under schedule you will see the date for the Inyan Kara Enduro. They should have a PDF flyer loaded up there as we get closer to the date.

I just got a potential contact with local riding yesterday. These people have lived and ridden here for 30 years. If I'm able to hook up with them I should be able to learn a lot more of the riding possibilities here. :applause:

I'm from Wyoming but just moved here from Montana last summer. I spent all last summer exploring riding areas around the Powell/Cody area but haven't been down around Casper yet. If you find some good places to ride down in that area let me know!

Elk Basin has lots of good Single track and is well under an hour from Cody or Powell. I ride there alot and love it. I live in Billings, what part of Montana did you live in. I have also heard of a great system right outside of Cody but dont know much about it. I will be in Cody this summer working on a huge house and I am gonna bring my bike and check out some trails in the evening. Let me know if you have any suggestions would you?

Elk Basin has lots of good Single track and is well under an hour from Cody or Powell. I ride there alot and love it. I live in Billings, what part of Montana did you live in. I have also heard of a great system right outside of Cody but dont know much about it. I will be in Cody this summer working on a huge house and I am gonna bring my bike and check out some trails in the evening. Let me know if you have any suggestions would you?

I used to live near Boulder MT and rode Pipestone quite a bit before I moved here. I got out to Elk Basin a few times last summer but had my wife with me which kept me off some of the single track. I hope to get back there soon to explore. I think the riding around Cody you're talking about is Red Lake - its right on the edge of town and great for an evening ride. In fact, the riding area is right next to all the new upper end homes being built. Theres some good riding our near Clark as well. Go up the Morrison Jeep Trail into the Beartooths and you'll find some sweet trails up there.

Does anyone know of any campgrounds or cabins in Wyoming that you can ride from? ATV trails or single track is fine. I also grew up in Wyoming and we're going to visit my Mom in Riverton and spend some time in Yellowstone over the 4th of July. We're bringing our bikes because we want to try and find somewhere to ride. Everywhere I used to ride as a kid around Riverton is closed and I never reaslly rode in the mountains.

Are you doing the race at elk basin in June?

Yes, I will be racing this year. I am not really a racer, in fact it will be my first race ever, so that should be interesting. The last two years I have helped make the course and worked the race. I figure its time to give it a shot. How about you?

My brother and I will be racing it. It'll be his first. I have a mx and a desert race under my belt. I race my first ST race next month. Racing is fun and I can see how it can easily be addictive.

My brother and I will be racing it. It'll be his first. I have a mx and a desert race under my belt. I race my first ST race next month. Racing is fun and I can see how it can easily be addictive.

Cool. Stay in touch and we can at least introduce ourselves at the race. Good for you on the races and good luck in the next one. Keep us posted on your results,k. :applause:

Cool. Stay in touch and we can at least introduce ourselves at the race. Good for you on the races and good luck in the next one. Keep us posted on your results,k. :applause:

You bet! Better yet how about doing a ride in that area prior to the race?

Last months desert race I took 13th out of 37 in the first timers class.

Here's some picks of the race.

WCB258.jpgWCB132b.jpg

You bet! Better yet how about doing a ride in that area prior to the race?

Last months desert race I took 13th out of 37 in the first timers class.

Here's some picks of the race.

WCB258.jpgWCB132b.jpg

That would be cool. In fact I think I am riding Elk Basin next weekend, and I will be down there at least a few more times this spring too.

A race at Elk Basin? Does that mean there are more Harescrambles in this area? The closest I've been able to find is in the Rapid City area.

I still need to get my latest bike resprung for my weight before I can do anything too hardcore, but I'd like to check it out sometime. I just need to find out if 14a is open yet from Sheridan.

A race at Elk Basin? Does that mean there are more Harescrambles in this area? The closest I've been able to find is in the Rapid City area.

I still need to get my latest bike resprung for my weight before I can do anything too hardcore, but I'd like to check it out sometime. I just need to find out if 14a is open yet from Sheridan.

Here's BMC's schedule http://billingsmotorcycleclub.us/interior.php?page=events

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know of any campgrounds or cabins in Wyoming that you can ride from? ATV trails or single track is fine. I also grew up in Wyoming and we're going to visit my Mom in Riverton and spend some time in Yellowstone over the 4th of July. We're bringing our bikes because we want to try and find somewhere to ride. Everywhere I used to ride as a kid around Riverton is closed and I never reaslly rode in the mountains.

Cool, I'm going to be living in Pinedale from April 15th throught Nov. 15th and I'm going to try and find some sort of trails in that area.