Sign in to follow this  

Handelbar 4 KX 250

O.K...I'm needing some new bars for the KX. The ones I have are fairly wide, which I like, but are too low for me. I have Pro Tapers RC bars on my Husky, and would seem to be too low for dirt riding.

Just for reference, I'm 6'2" tall, and woul like a bar that's comfy for when I'm standing on the pegs. Any suggestions..?:applause:

The Pro Taper Contour bars are good. I have the CR high, which has a 95mm rise. You can go higher with the KX high which is 108mm. The only other bar I know that is higher is the Pastrana FMX bar which is 121mm... If you need higher than that I would suggest getting some handlebar risers.

Here is what I had to do, I'm 6'4 and ride a 2004 kx250. I had to go with the pro taper se bars in the honda high bend and still use 10mm taller bar risers and clamps. That added a more neutral fell and helped the transition from sitting to standing and also helped to eleminate some arm pump.

I went with the Pro Taper KX High. I am 6'2" and the bars are comfortable while standing up.

I like a flat, tall and wide bar. I used to buy RC old Renthal bend...back in 98.

Don't be afraid to push those babies forward!

Funny you mention that. I have the Renthal bars on it now, I like the width, but they are low, and yep, I did push them babies forward..lol

Thanks for all the replies, I'll check out the KX, and CR high bars..

I run CR high with 1/2" spacers, bar mounts to the front. I'm about 6' and am happy with this setup. Ed

Yes the RC bend is still available and there is a RC high bend too. They are tall with the very least amount of sweep back.

Does anyone still sell the RC Renthal bars I mentioned?