Plastic Renew?

i just ordered some new fx graphics for bike but my plastics are kind of crappy. i was planning on just buying a new acerbis kit so they are fresh but i just had to spent almost a grand on truck repairs which really set me back. i definately need a new left shroud and a rear fender but the right shroud and fender aren't too bad. since i am short on cash, should i just buy the plastic renew kit? how does it work and is it worth it?

I've used it. It makes your plastic look much better. The more you sand/prep your plastic, the better it will look. I've heard that mop and glo will do the same thing. Never tried it but it's probably true.

hey if you just want to take the light blue "stretch marks" out use a heat gun or a propane torch set on a really low setting and just hold it over the light spot and it will begin to fade then it will turn back into the normal blue.

yea i do that a lot but im just talking about making them look shiny and new and not all scratched. is the plastic renew worth it?

I bought some a while back, sanded the crap out of my plastic and used the "magic elixir" stuff and it did an "okay" job. Not new by any means, but possibly better than before. Worked well on the White but didn't work well at all on YZ Blue.

Plastic Renew works very well if you do a really good job with the sanding, but after I used it, I decided that buying new plastic is a much better idea. You can spend a lot of time on a $30 part. Maybe I sanded toomuch, but I must have spent at least 2 hours on one front fender. I did one white side plate, but gave it up before doing any more.