Sign in to follow this  

what the drz really needs....

I think that Suzuki needs to come out with a DRZ450 with fuel injection and aluminum frame. I will be in line waiting for mine that is for sure!

Aluminum frame...yes

EFI...yes

450.....no!

At least around here it's a crazy amount cheaper to insure any bike under 400cc, if it weren't for that rule I would be riding any one of a number of different colored bikes.

Grant

Aluminum frame...yes

EFI...yes

450.....no!

At least around here it's a crazy amount cheaper to insure any bike under 400cc, if it weren't for that rule I would be riding any one of a number of different colored bikes.

Grant

Same thing here as well.

Later,

Allan Greenblazer

Aluminum frame...yes

EFI...yes

450.....no!

Grant

That Sux....Around these parts, Granted I am in the hills, it's the 600cc mark you don't want to cross. Which is great for most riders, because you can get a 600 and it's actually a 5xx.

I was just thinking pretty much the same thing just today. Maybe minor suspension upgrades, about450cc and a FCR stock on the S model. Put in a throttle stop (as the new Husqvarna has) or whatever you need to do to get it to pass emissions.

I don't mind the steel frame and would even put up with the weight as is now if it had a bit more power, the same reliability and do it all nature that we love about the DRZ.

6th gear...

or lower 1st & taller fifth...

That and 5 more HP.

The Suzuki 450 is a race engine and would have a nasty maintenance schedule.

My vote for #1 would be a 6th gear, or wider spaced gearbox! What were they thinking?:applause:

I forgot to add that to my list too. My DR350 has six gears so I know Suzuki knows how to do it.

I wonder if there is a way to import one of those babes!!! I saw that bike and it was almost what I dreamed of the new DRZ looking like.

You could import it, but that bike is not special enough to warrant all the hassles, unless you were in the import/export biz. I have been though this importing cars and it can be a nightmare.

07 SM in belgium is a 450, aluminum frame and a bunch of other nice stuff. Lucky waffle people!

Is the SM a 4 speed or 5 speed...I saw the off-road RMZ 450 sold over there and it's a 4 speed. 4 Speed on the road...No thanks...

One thing is for sure...The DRZ can still sell for a while longer but then it will start looking too outdated and then either they revamp it or do a whole new model...The Huskys and KTMs are very appealing but they're really for the dedicated off-roader who doesn't mind spending a lot of money and time on maintenance...The DRZ strikes a happy balance of performance and required maintenance...However...There is no getting around that as far as off-road is concerned it is too heavy...I dropped mine twice on Sunday and it is one heck of a bit$% to pick up...

It is a 5 speed. Picking up a fallen bike is more technique than strength.

Yes...And that's why I can do it...I use the handlebars as leverage...Although when you've just been thrown off in near 100F degree heat your stength is well a little zapped...And a 300 lb. motorcycle is well...heavy...

Yes...And that's why I can do it...I use the handlebars as leverage...Although when you've just been thrown off in near 100F degree heat your stength is well a little zapped...And a 300 lb. motorcycle is well...heavy...

Try picking up a full sized touring bike like a Goldwing with everything imaginable on it. I have seen 120 pound women do it.

I uised to bet guys I could pick their back wheel off of the ground with my pinky. I made a few hundred. It was all how I did it. No, I did not use my pinky on a jack. The bike and just my pinky.

OK...

Try picking up a full sized touring bike like a Goldwing with everything imaginable on it. I have seen 120 pound women do it. I uised to bet guys I could pick their back wheel off of the ground with my pinky. I made a few hundred. It was all how I did it. No, I did not use my pinky on a jack. The bike and just my pinky.