Sign in to follow this  

Installing BBR swing arm on ttr-125

I was wondering if anybody has any experiance installing a BBR swingarm. The BBR swing arm has bearings on both sides, but the main shaft that slides in the swing arm will not fit in it. Are you supposed to grease it up and then force it in or should it just slide in freely?

I will but it wont just slide thru! Seems like it is just a little to big to fit thru the BBR swingarm. Anybody else have this problem?

If nobody posts a reply, do a search. I know I saw a few posts on this before.

Sounds like you got a flawed swinger... better get rid of it. Ping me with a price. :applause:

I would NOT force it into the bearings... it should slide through. I'd make sure your swinger shaft clean and not bent first. A little grease should let it slide. What year TTR do you have? Could be that some models vary in shaft size?

Well I have spent a few hours trying to figure out what was a matter. So I finally found something the same exact diameter as the stock shaft that slides into the BBR swingarm. And it would n't fit in either. I could see that the bearing weren't stamped in as a true circle i could see spaceing on both side of the hole making it not true. So I called BBR and will be sending it in to them. By the way the have stopped making the swingarms. Claim they arent making any money n they and will not be making them anymore but might be making special orders for much more money. SO if your interested in getting one. I would start calling around now and try to find yourself a swingarm.

They will make you one, but on "special order" only and at a killing price. At that level of cash, there are PLENTY of other options I'd rather entertain. :applause:

You know, I had the same problem but with BBR's rear linkage for the CRF150. My collar wouldn't slide through the whole thing, it would only go in just a tad bit, and wouldnt go anymore. So, I called BBR up as well and they said my collar is probably bent or worn. And I said, no it cant be because I did the same thing as you did, picked up another collar that is the same size in diameter as the origingal collar and it still didn't fit. So, I ended up taking it back to where I bought it and they ordered me a new one...The new one did the same thing. So, I got my money back :applause: Seems like all the BBR items I buy now are all faulty :lol: