Sign in to follow this  

Conspiracy?

:applause: I've been trying to sell my '04 Crf100 for three months. Most of these bikes on craigslist are going for $1650-$1850. I really don't understand because my bike is listed at $1550 and I get a lot of bites, but most are low-ballers or scammers. I've had 3 people say "I'll come pick up the bike tomorrow. I'll call at -:-- too arrange a time." All three have not called and we cannot get ahold of them. The other bikes seem to be selling as the ads are gone in a couple days. Note that I'm in CA so prices are probably higher than what you're used to. Any tips on selling would be greatly appreciated. :lol:

I would just keep placing the add in Craigs List. You're going to get some flakes from time to time but summer is coming and someone will get it. Maybe someone is waiting for his tax return so he can buy it.

Watch out. There are some theives that will get your address, not show, then come back and steal the bike. Find out how serious they are

Prices are crazy. On eBay there was a 2002 that sold for $960 and a 2001 that was being bidded up over 1500. Both in SoCal, similar condition.

hey i just wanted to let you know in your post, you said the price is somewhat negotiable, then at the end said its firm? well what is it lol? maybe your prior ads weren't clear? just a thaught...but you did counterdict yourselff in the ad :applause:

Oops, I got too many low-ballers so I changed it. I'll fix that now. Thanks for the heads up---Fixed!

remove this "My old posting got flagged for some reason so I have to put it back on." They don;t need to know that.

Change this to say it has low hours on it "It's green sticker so you can ride all year and has only 100-150 hours on it. "

this just says you want to gt rid of it for a new bike. make it sound better. or leave out that you will trade. "I REALLY need to sell this bike. Will consider trade for a 2002 yz125 or 125sx"

The last thing I notice is that the pics look like crap. It is hard to really see the bike. To me it says you are trying to hide something. I would look right past that ad and look for something I can see better. People tyhat are lookign for a bike on the internet are lazy, me included, they will look for the best item at the best price. They can do this right from their home. Put up some good pics so they just have to come see the bike because it looks so awesome they are seriously intrested. An example. My wife buys items off of e-bay for dirt cheap. Takes better pictures with great backgrounds and sells the item for usually 4 to 5 times the amount she paid. It is all about presentation. your bike is just sitting in a driveway with some poorly lit pics. Maybee put the bike in your front yard with the bike on a stand with the sun behind you. Get only teh bike and your nice green grass in the pic. The green grass will off set the red of the bike and make it stand out more. Everyone sees pics of race bikes in magazines on bike stands. Bikes on a bike stand just say power. It also says you take care of your bike. I think with better pics and little better wording you could sell your bike faster.

here is a sample ad, and you may use it if you wish.

2004 CRF100 Low hours, very meticulously maintained. 100% stock. Green sticker for great year round riding. You do not want to miss out a chance at this bike. call me at (831)454-8207 for more information or with any questions you may have. Serious inquiries only.

Then post 2 awesome pics of the bike similar to how I described above.

• Like 1

Wow, thanks. The only problem is that I don't have a better place to take pics and the bike isn't at my new house yet (no place to keep it here...yet) But I might be able to bring the bike to my new house to take pics of it in the bright sun. I'll probably use that description as soon as this listing ends in a day or two.

Your very welcome. I have been very successful at selling things via adds and my wife via the internet, that it is nice to be able to help someone else out. Heck even if you roll the bike into a park with green grass, just so it offsets the bike and looks like it is in somewhat of a natural setting. Take more than just 2 pics though so you can pick the best 2 of them all.

definately stress the green sticker and spark arrestor...also if it has been women owned or ridden that is always a BIG plus. I bought one for my wife, an 01 that was bone stock with a rebuilt carb for 1200 in burbank

:applause: I've been trying to sell my '04 Crf100 for three months. Most of these bikes on craigslist are going for $1650-$1850. I really don't understand because my bike is listed at $1550

Try raising the price, maybe people want to spend more:D