Sign in to follow this  

SoCal: Looking for a group to ride with... cross-post

Hey all, longtime lurker, sometime poster. I posted this in the CA forum as well, but since the riding I'd like to get into is more dualsport-type riding, I figured a post here wouldn't hurt. :applause:

I have a 2001 WR426 which is street legal, and am looking for some guidance to riding in areas around Arrowhead/Big Bear/Silverwood that I can take advantage of my plated status. I'd love to tag along on a ride or two and get my feet wet on the joys of plated riding; my ultimate goal is to attend the desert ride from here to Vegas next year. The recent post from SlowXR is a perfect example of the kind of riding I'd love to do.

I probably ride about 2-3 times a month right now, mostly in an area near my house in Hemet. I've been a streetbike rider most of my adult life, although a head-on collision left me with some nerve damage in one arm that makes me a bit more reserved now than I used to be. I've ridden in Ocotillo, Glamis, A street in Perris, and a lot of areas right around our house. I enjoy riding fire roads just as much as tight, twisted trails, so I'm open to just about anything.

I'm 35, married with a 6 month old, and am by no means a hooligan. I'm just looking for some like-minded individuals who I can hook up with for a ride up in the mountains nearby. I read all of these awesome ride reports and I always intend to send PMs or try to get in touch, but I figured this way I'm not putting anyone on the spot. I have most weekends free and don't mind driving wherever.

By the way, Derwud, if you read this your YZ is doing fine and I look forward to riding with you once you get back on your WR. I hope your leg is well on its way to a full recovery.

Thanks,

Tim

Tim, I don't know if you posted over on the District 37 AMA site, but here's the address. www.district37ama.org Go to the dualsport message board. There's a calendar and lots of ride reports, riders, and upcoming events. I found people to ride with so pretty much anyone can.

That little ride across the desert every Thanksgiving weekend, LA-B2Vegas, that's a once in a lifetime event you'll want to do every year. The Dualies.com is a Dualsport club with a great website and club rides open to nonmembers.

If you have a GPS there's some info on route exchanges on the D-37 board. People do rides and post the tracks for you to follow, great fun.

Tim, I don't know if you posted over on the District 37 AMA site, but here's the address. www.district37ama.org Go to the dualsport message board. There's a calendar and lots of ride reports, riders, and upcoming events. I found people to ride with so pretty much anyone can.

That little ride across the desert every Thanksgiving weekend, LA-B2Vegas, that's a once in a lifetime event you'll want to do every year. The Dualies.com is a Dualsport club with a great website and club rides open to nonmembers.

If you have a GPS there's some info on route exchanges on the D-37 board. People do rides and post the tracks for you to follow, great fun.

Kieth,

Thanks for the good idea. I did check out the D37 board and found the ride leaving out of Beaumont with ocriders.com. However, their website forums are not really that active. I do believe I'll still sign up for the ride though.

Thanks,

Tim

I've found this forum and the D-37 boards to be good sources of info on a day to day basis.

I live in North San Diego and have been riding a DRZ400S for a year now. I have been riding out in Ocitillo for >15 years on green sticker bikes and have finally made the move to street legal. I love it and have also been looking for people to ride with. My freinds have not made the change yet from there green sticker bikes. I am currently looking into SBNF trail patrol volunteering. The next host class is in April and if you are intrested I can give you the info when I find out. I would also like to do a ride up on the back side of Palomar Mountain you pick up the trail out in Temecula area but have not found anyone to ride with. Let me know if you want to go for a ride.

Eric

Eric, do you know of Randy and the club he's with. San Diego Adventure Riders. They just put on a great Dualsport ride. They do lots of other rides throughout the year, good place to meet local guys with great knowledge. Stay away from Mad Mike.

Tim,

No I do not know Randy. I have only been checking out this website of a short time. How can I get in on their next ride?

Eric

whats up fellas... I am 30 I live in the LA area, open to head to the desert for some good riding. I ride a DRZ400 and have a moderate skill level.