Sign in to follow this  

A really cool tire

So recently i was reading through one of my Dirt Rider magazines and came across something really cool. Its a product called Tire Balls, they are these balls that are like inflated and you put them in your tire instead of a inner tube. You will never have a flat, and they work really well, they give you better traction and everything, cause there is lower pressure. Though they are costly, they are a really nice thing to have if you dont like getting flats.

Check it out here

http://tireballs.com/ :applause:

yea they are like $200 but they are soo cool, im definatly gone get them soon =]

How are you supposed to adjust the "tire pressure" for specific riding conditions? For example I live in SC and When I ride at the national forrest, it is all sand, I drop tire psi to 10-12. When I go to Ga. to ride it is all hard packed clay and I run 15psi. If I ran 10psi on the clay, it is as hard as concrete, there is a good chance I would damage my rims. How do you account for this w/ the tire balls?:applause: As someone stated that is a lot of money, a new tube is only $6

I do not believe they are worth the momey.

It's relative to your situation. If you're a serious off-road racer chasing points, and you get a flat in the first 10 miles of a 100 mile enduro that you travelled hundreds of miles to and spent money on a hotel room, then they are worth the money. If you're a trail rider who can mosey back to the truck to pop in a new tube, then they probably are not. MX guys probably don't need them either since flats don't seem to be a problem on tracks, not too many rock ledges to pinch flat on or pieces of barbed wire hidden in the leaf litter.

They got some balls asking for that kind of money for some balls!

:lol::applause:

It's relative to your situation. If you're a serious off-road racer chasing points, and you get a flat in the first 10 miles of a 100 mile enduro that you travelled hundreds of miles to and spent money on a hotel room, then they are worth the money. If you're a trail rider who can mosey back to the truck to pop in a new tube, then they probably are not. MX guys probably don't need them either since flats don't seem to be a problem on tracks, not too many rock ledges to pinch flat on or pieces of barbed wire hidden in the leaf litter.

exactly they're not for the track riders or the guys that zip around camp all day. they are for the H &H scramble racers etc bitd score gncc. guys that are looking for as much relieablity as possible. as for pressure i believe you have them set at the factory my friend runs 12 psi in all situations which gives him great traction on hard and soft terrain

og, they are user adjustable. Anyone who is interested in these should go to the off-road forum and do a search. These have been around for 2 years or more and one of the employees at Tire Balls is a member here on TT and has posted up about them.

Actually, I am a trail rider. I ride long distances on my bike, but I honestly see paying that much money for a tube--ball is ridiculous. I have been using heavy duty tubes on my bike for that last couple of years, and have not gotten a flat.

Actually, I am a trail rider. I ride long distances on my bike, but I honestly see paying that much money for a tube--ball is ridiculous. I have been using heavy duty tubes on my bike for that last couple of years, and have not gotten a flat.

Well, like I said before, if you are a trail rider, they are probably not worth it. If you are an off-road racer who is investing hundreds of dollars and vacation days from work to travel to an out-of-state race such as a National Enduro, GNCC, etc... then the price doesn't seem so bad if it allows you avoid a flat that ruins the whole weekend. Not really any different than investing in getting your suspension done, or buying a quick fuel setup. Neither one of those items are necessary expenses to enjoy a trail ride, but can be a worthwhile investment for a racer.

Hell, for that price I'll go to China-mart or toysRus and get some small rubber balls of the correct diameter and stick them in there and then I won't have to worry about them going flat, either.

Well, like I said before, if you are a trail rider, they are probably not worth it. If you are an off-road racer who is investing hundreds of dollars and vacation days from work to travel to an out-of-state race such as a National Enduro, GNCC, etc... then the price doesn't seem so bad if it allows you avoid a flat that ruins the whole weekend. Not really any different than investing in getting your suspension done, or buying a quick fuel setup. Neither one of those items are necessary expenses to enjoy a trail ride, but can be a worthwhile investment for a racer.

Dude, I just spent 10g on a bike to race Baja, I think I qualify. I am just saying that a heavy duty tube will provide the protection you are loking for. The only reason I would buy those little balls, is to prevent a nail from ruining my chances....but does it protect against nails? if so, then it wouldn't be a bad idea.---but I would have no problem riding on a flat i I had to.

Hell, for that price I'll go to China-mart or toysRus and get some small rubber balls of the correct diameter and stick them in there and then I won't have to worry about them going flat, either.

Funny, that's how the idea came about. I think they actually used tennis balls.