Sign in to follow this  

New exhaust install

I'm going to be installing my new powerbomb/E muffler setup soon. I'm just wondering if there are any common issues with the, head to header, nut and bolts. I.E stripping, snapping, the stud backing out, you get the idea. It's an 03 S so they've been in there a while!

Thanks in advance, Joel H.

P.S I'm familiar with the muffler fitment issues.

The only issue I had installing the Muzzy header on my '01 was that the gasket (#2 here) stayed in the cylinder head and I spent 20 minutes reassuring myself it was really there.

Otherwise, it was so easy I thought I was doing something wrong. One bolt, one nut (stud stayed in place), didn't have to move the radiator. Piece of cake.

when installing my Yosh header one of the bolts started to strip out the hole...If I hadn't been paying attention it could have gotten messy! I was able to rethread the first half turn or so, so there was no issue. What I'm trying to say is that the block is surprisingly soft and if you are cross threaded it will strip out super easy....or maybe I'm just a moron

OH! and carefull when tightening the chassis mount bolt, my bolt was too long and comes into contact with the mid pipe, if I hadn't been paying attention it would have dented it pretty bad. Just go slow and everything should be fine

I find that you need to place all (head mount, mid pipe and can hanger mount) fasteners finger tight so that the whole pipe has a small range of movement. Once you have achieved this, tighten the mid pipe mount first, then the head mount than the can mount.

Using this method, mine went in first time!:applause: