George at Up Tite Husqvarna needs a TE-570 asap.

I sent George at Up Tite Husqvarna in Santa Anna a few parts off my 2002 Husqvarna TE-570. He is waiting for another TE-570 to come in so he can test my parts. I am willing to pay a fee or your gas money if you have a bike you can take him. I am desprite I have a ride coming up on the 17th that I dont want to miss in Nevada. I need to know that my cdi box and stator are good. The only way to test them is to put them on another bike. George told me it would take about an hour or so to test. Thanks and please let me know.

• 5 months later...

You got it, yes you can get some ohm readings,and some volt readings but what does it mean????? what does + and - mean if it don't work it don't work. Only way to know for sure is on a bike. Done few thousand in 40+ years if you have the answer step up and share I am willing to learn something new, and would appreciate it. Along with others out there. Just don't like spending customers money unless they have to. Later George

Ya gotta love it when someone with # of posts is "2" says "&%$#@!"!

And even if it was their first post....who never heard of "hang testing" a part on another scooter to see if it was a good part.

5th grade science taught the experiment subject and the control group subject....or did I go to some weird school???

Joe

Seems that if we introduced a magnetic field to the relevant points that some relevance may be corrolated with the voltage tests v ohms test. No ohms = no continuity = no volts. Caution high ohm reading could indicate short, also = no volts. should be determined by magnet test.

Is it good when you ask for a bike on Georges behalf

It is had to tell from what you write in your posts but I believe you intended to have a question mark at the end of your sentence. If people do not respond to your posts it could be because of some ambiguity regarding your posts i.e. we really are unsure of what you meant.

Topc0p - the original poster was really asking for help from this group so he could get his bike running for an event he wants to do. So the answer is yes - it is good he asked.

once I had what I thought was a bad stator on a rotax engine. Went to the dealer and asked for resistance test values out of their shop manual so I could check. Mechanic laughed when I asked, gave me the numbers but said "good luck with that". Also sold me a used, but supposedly "good" stator, cheap. I went home and tested, readings made no sense so I just swapped out the stator and it ran like a top again.

The "good" one tested "bad", and the "bad" one tested "good" with my Fluke.

I sent George at Up Tite Husqvarna in Santa Anna a few parts off my 2002 Husqvarna TE-570. He is waiting for another TE-570 to come in so he can test my parts. I am willing to pay a fee or your gas money if you have a bike you can take him. I am desprite I have a ride coming up on the 17th that I dont want to miss in Nevada. I need to know that my cdi box and stator are good. The only way to test them is to put them on another bike. George told me it would take about an hour or so to test. Thanks and please let me know.

Hmmm, to bad this was 6 months ago. I dropped a valve on mine friday night.

It took out the cylinder and the head. Needless to say it isn't going anywhere for a while..?

What was the final outcome of this situation??

do you have an estimate on how many hours/miles etc were on it?

No, It did have the stock tires on it though so, I figured it to be low hrs. The way things looked the prevous owner(s) were hacks.. The kickstand was poorly rewelded and the dash was torn out. They had also done a poor job on the the jetting too.. Not that I'm bitter or anything.?

One thing I do know is that that friggin thing rips!! Or shall I say did rip! Or I could say RIP:smirk:

I was able to get about 200mi on it between trail and road.

From a professional mechanic with 40 years exp.

Sometimes the only way to diagnose the problem is to swap it with a known good unit. Volt/Ohm/Amp tests only go so far, putting it thru the paces will find the problem faster and cheaper than guessing.

If You think that your car/truck/boat/bike mechanic don't do this,

guess again:p

Why would anyone argue with George?

Obviously they don't know him.

+1. Argueing with George is a useless venture. He is seldom ever wrong and even if you don't agree with him, he has enough anticdotal eveidence - read that as years of experience- to assure that you will never get a hands down win. There are very few people around who have been such a great Husky booster as George. He has promoted the brand from the glory days of the 60's and 70's and wheathered the uncertain times between then and now.

Basically. If George said it, you would do well to listen.?

Ya gotta love it when someone with # of posts is "2" says "&%$#@!"!

And even if it was their first post....who never heard of "hang testing" a part on another scooter to see if it was a good part.

5th grade science taught the experiment subject and the control group subject....or did I go to some weird school???

Joe