Sign in to follow this  

does 450r have enough power? 2t rider maybe gonna shift rides....

been on 2t for years, never rode a 450r but thinking of changing from my rm250 which i mainly ride off road here in the spanish mountains....question is will a 4 banger be exciting enough for me ? how will it handle up and down hills and in the tight stuff? what about servicing intervals? anyway Help! cos i just cannot decide....

been on 2t for years, never rode a 450r but thinking of changing from my rm250 which i mainly ride off road here in the spanish mountains....question is will a 4 banger be exciting enough for me ? how will it handle up and down hills and in the tight stuff? what about servicing intervals? anyway Help! cos i just cannot decide....

OMG! Your right a 450 will not have enough power for you. You should get something like a TTR 125. You may be eligible for a Darwin award and get a discount.

I think you do understand that he meant 2 stroke. Maybe in spanish 2 stroke = 2 tacto or something. At least in estonian it`s "2 takti" like "2t".

Hmmm, I always thought I had fun riding my 450 until I read this. Now what do I do?

My 2 cents

Thing is you have to look at what type of riding you do. The 450 is a heavy bike. Even the new ones compared to a 2t are still heavy. If you do alot of single track trail riding and over rocky terrain. I would suggest a 250f. You will get the bottom end and more power than your 2t but, you will not have the weight issues. If you notice most Harescramblers do it with the lighter bikes. There were only a handful of 450s at the Redbull Last Man Standing. Majority of the guys were on KTM 300s or other 2t's if there were 4strokes they were mostly 250s.

Like I said it is all about what type of riding you are going to do. I love my 450s but when out on the single track tight stuff I like a 250 or a 2T.

I agree with Cfave. For super tight stuff, 2T is the way to go. For open outdoor tracks, I prefer the 4T power.

I'm not sure the 450 has enough power.... I mean I only had 3 inch long skid marks in my riding shorts the first time I rode one.!

question is will a 4 banger be exciting enough for me ?

:lol: :lol: :eek::naughty::lol::worthy::ride:

I like to watch the guys on the 2 smokes through the woods. I usually wheelie over the tough stuff.:applause:

I just got my 450 (coming off a 2000 CR 250) and will never ride anything else again. I got off my 450 yesterday (2nd time riding it) and got on my CR 250 and it made a believer outta me.

Mountain man I think the 450 will be "exciting" for you. Maintenaince more than the RM but I am a gear head and enjoy it.

Mountain man I think the 450 will be "exciting" for you. Maintenaince more than the RM but I am a gear head and enjoy it.

Does a bear crap in the woods?

Asking if a 450 has enough power is like asking if Pam Anderson's tits are big enough :applause: Personally I say they're too big for her frame but thats preference. If you love smooth torquey power the 450 is for you

I won't add too much to what's already been said...as I think anyone got the gist of what a CRF450 can do, only a couple of points:

1. I am using my 2002 CRF450R for supermoto use and the engine is stock and I manage to kick the s#*t out of most my opposition.

2. Reason why engine is still stock is that with just simple mods like an after market exhaust & airbox mod the bike is producing around 50-53 bhp at the rear wheel...pretty impressive I think.

I have seen dyno results of very well sorted supermoto CRF450R's producing over 60 Bhp :applause: and enough said!!!

gonna keep 2t and get 4t...thanks for your help.will definateley get a crf450r though as they just ooze quality and horsepower! bye for now.MM

My 2006 with full tank is exactly the same weight as my friends kx 250 2 stroke, has more power and is easier to ride....

where are you from in Spain??

this is the funniest thread ive read ! i guess there is no such thing as a stupid question right? the only way a honda 4 stroke wouldnt be enough power for you is if your 300lbs and riding a 50...even then it will pull yer big @$$ around!! 4t mucho better than 2t MM