Sign in to follow this  

Acerbis Tail light help

I have an acerbis tail light and acerbis rear fender to mount it on, and it is not fitting good at all, i havnt cut the tail light at all, but i had to on the rear fender to make it fit. went i put the tail light on top of the sub frame, and then put the rear fender on top, it shows alot of the sub frame and doesnt look good at all, just wondering how to get around this or if this tail light doesnt work for the S model. also wondering what you use to get rid of the helmet holder.

The tail light is the Modular Enduro series. When i slide the tail light under the fender, it raises the fender and shows the frame. Im trying to make this one work because it came with the bike i just bought 4 days ago, and the guy never found time to try to get it on. That sounds easy enough to get rid of the helmet holder though.:applause:

not sure what model you're talking about, but when I installed my BD LED I cut about 8-9 inches off it, and had to cut down the sides a bit to make everything lay flat. Had I known about the Edge tail light I would have gone that route...but IMHO the BD LED looks much better

also wondering what you use to get rid of the helmet holder.

Dremel tool:ride: .

Nutt

not sure what model you're talking about, but when I installed my BD LED I cut about 8-9 inches off it, and had to cut down the sides a bit to make everything lay flat. Had I known about the Edge tail light I would have gone that route...but IMHO the BD LED looks much better

Installed the BD on my SM last night. I purchased the light only and made my own mount. That way I could make every thing fit real tight. Also saved like $20.:applause:

Thanks for the info, i had to cut a bit of the tail light to get it to fit around the frame but i got it on top of the frame without raising the fender. not wired yet, need to get small blinkers to finish it off.

Hi, My first post here.

Ive done some moding in my time, maybe you could be one of the unique guys out there and drill a line of small holes in each side of your licence plate and place some nice coloured superbright orange L,E,D's in there?. I done it on some of my smaller road legals and it looked pretty smart, you cant see them until there blinking, being clear.

Obviously they dont need to go on the licence plate if u dont want to.

Have fun

Rich

:applause: