Sign in to follow this  

Stands

Alright, here's the deal:

I'm trying to creat a centerstand that you can carry on the bike in the event of a flat or any other time you need a stand out on the trail.

Anyone know of an alternative to this that already exists?

Brian

I was looking at something that can be carried on the bike and be used with anyone riding in the group. It would have two legs and a cross bar. That way it can be used on bike's without kickstands too

To me this sounds like a good idea. It sure would be better than laying the bike on its side and trying to do it. If you get something made up share some pictures please.

no problem. issue is the prototype is being made out of whatever i have laying around... and is gonna be sorta heavy.

Most Japanese bikes from the mid sixteys had a center stand like the dual star unit. They were very handy, I usually took them off my bikes because they werent cool. What a dumb a$$!

Here is the one I have made, in use on a friends Honda to hold up the front wheel. The same jack adjusts down to lift the rear wheel and also stores in my rear fender pack.:thumbsup:

DSC02825.jpg

That's a really good idea!

I just use a tree. Thats if there is a tree around. If not then sometimes I just shut off my gas and lay it down softly.