Sign in to follow this  

Help! I damaged my '95 YZ250 Fork

I damaged the inner fork tube of one of the front forks on my 95 YZ250. Looking for the best alternative. The bike shop wants to replace the inner fork tube with an OEM, which costs around $380- Parts and labor. I am looking for alternative ways to spend my money, such as used forks. What years newer than 1995 are compatible with the 95 front wheel, brake caliper and triple clamps? Any other suggestions welcome as well! Thanks!

I just seen an brand new inner tube on ebay the last day or two for around $25 at the time I seen it. Check it out and see if it is sold yet.

You could buy a new (used) set of forks off ebay for less than the stealer quoted you.

yea, I saw a 95 year set of forks that leaked on ebay for $170 including shipping today. By the time I have them rebuilt, it will be about $280 and who knows what problems they might have. Maybe I am best off just paying the "stealer" and be done with it. Although, that hurts when i think of all the cool stuff I could buy for $380-. Thanks for your input guys! Maybe I should just wheelie the entire time I ride so I don't need a front fork or wheel! LOL!

You can get late model forks for about that price. Are your forks 41mm or 46mm? If they are 46mm, then I *think* anything up to 03 would work. You'd need to do just a little investigation and take a look at ronayers.com online parts diagrams and compare part #'s for the front wheel hub/axle/spacers/brake caliper to see if your current stuff would bolt up - take about 15min to check that out.

If you think a piece from a 97 would work, I have an inner tube.....

Thanks for the Ron Ayers link there number9! I checked it out, but the microfiche only go back to '97 year for the YZ250. At this point I have authorized the shop to replace the tube for the stealer price.

Thanks RCannon for the 97 tube offer. I don't know if it would have worked. But I appreciate the motion! I wish compatibility parts cross reference was easier to do. I suppose that is the one thing that stealers have over us on the internet.