Sign in to follow this  

350 vx 400

is the drz lightyears ahead of the 350 as I've heard?

i see 350's for sale real cheap and i'm currently in the market for a 400... just looking for some info...

thanks

If your talking about the DR350 I rode one last summer, kick only. It was pretty nice. He loved the bike.

Yes i mean the DR350

I have a friend with the DR350, but it is actually a 407 now. Weak suspension, but the engine will run forever.

I have a 92 kicker dr350s and a 04 drz400s. Both are very nice bikes. My 350 is much lighter, seat height is lower if thats an issue for you, and it will run forever. It also has 6 gears vs. DRZ's 5. The gear ratio, for me, is much better on my 350 because 1st gear is low enough in tight woods and when on the road 6th is like overdrive. Even with 14-48 gears on the drz i find 1st to be a bit to high in the tight stuff and im always in 5th on the road. And when on the road i'm in 5th way to quickly and find myself wishing for a 6th gear.

The DRZ however is a much nicer bike to ride. engine is much smoother feeling, revs much higher, much snappier, ergos feel alot better, and the clutch and shifting is ultra smooth. DRZ is newer and feels newer. Also the pay off for the lighter weight on my dr350 ( which has battery eliminator and after market exhaust among other things to lighten it up even more) is that the dr350 is hell to start when cold. That is no small thing either. It is a real pain to start vs. just hitting a button. My opinion, if you have the money for a DRZ I would get a DRZ. If not the 350 is a great, fun, reliable bike as well.

I have both, my DR now has a 435cc kit in it. Even before that I really liked the bike but the extra cc's helps with the low end torque. It's a tough call for me, the DR350 is lighter and has a lot more responsive engine. I think a FCR for the DRZ would make it equal? The suspension on the DR isn't quite as good as the DRZ but it's not bad for the riding I do. My DR is a plated dirt model, I'm sure the street model with the CV carb is weaker. I have an extra set of rims for the DR also so I commute on it. Mine starts in one kick most times, really easy with auto-decompressor.

Anyway, both good bikes and I don't think you can go wrong with either.

dr 350 exelent bike for off road very tractable motor with fun performance tough as old boots ive thrown mine down hills rolled it end over end but havnt broke a thing a few scratches is all. and no offernce to drz owners but what an ugly bitch. the 350 looks lovley the drz very chunky and untidy looks un finished. if you get a dr350 let me know and i will tell you how to get it set up just right ! ps dont bother with the lecy start one they start first kick every time