Sign in to follow this  

Tell me what my bike is worth! lots of upgrades

Could yall tell me what you think i can get for it. (not what its worth)

96 xr400

Trying to sell the xr cause i got a deal on another bike. I need something more motox oreinted.

Previous Upgrades: Thumpstar 440 kit, high rev cdi box, rekluse clutch, longer kicker, fmf powercore II, manual decomp

Upgrades by me with about .5 hours on them: crf inverted front end, new ebc pads, greased all joints, bed liner the whole frame, acerbis headlight, new tires, seal savers, new chain, ceet cover, new kb valve springs, new gaskets up top, new exhaust valves, repacked muffler, new tag bars, mirror, no toil filter, new paint, stage 2 hotcams, supermoto front fender...

I think that is it.

Whats it worth???

Doesn't seem like a bad price to me.

It is STILL old.

Nice looking bike though.

Looking for more top end speed. It can be achieved by re - gearing sprockets .... to a point.. just a thought.... xr 400 is a good bike..... Don't think I would pay 2000 for that one though.... Just out of curiousity have you had any trouble with the kick start (splines on shaft wearing)...

its funny you should mention the kicker. i rebuild the bike and in the process noticed a hairline crack on the kicker pivot joint. Got 3 kicks in before it broke! It was the pivot joint that broke, the splines on the shaft are Aok. I found a replacement today, and everything is kosher.

$2K seems to be about right to start but I think you can count on it going for less. Also, seems to me that aftermarket parts add nothing to the value of the bike. You're better off putting stock parts back on and selling the aftermarket stuff separately. For instance if you still have the stock forks I'd put them back on and sell the USD setup separately - there'd be a quick sale for a turnkey XR400 USD setup.

IMO, the other gentleman was correct, you should sell your aftermarket goodies separate, and then sell the bike off stock, or close to it. I just bought a pristine '96 for 1700 bucks, and there are a lot of bikes out there under 2k. I don't think many guys want a bike that has been all modified, they would prefer closer to stock, with just clean, simple upgrades. At the same time, it only takes one guy with some money and the bike can go away.

My '96 had no extras except for handguards. It was bone stock, except the baffle and snorkel were pulled, and it has a brake light and license plate bracket. It makes great power, and will not smoke one tiny bit. I got very lucky. Oh yea, and the bike has a street legal title, so I already have a plate. :applause:

If you don't need to sell it, leave it at 2K, if you want to move it, list it at 1950 OBO (It sounds silly, but 1950 can seem a lot lower than 2000)

Some guys will steer away from a 440. This is because you don't hear of many stock bores giving way, but you do big bores that grenade or seize.

Good luck selling your bike. A few months back I saw it in Craigslist, but Austin is just too far for me to drive.

Could yall tell me what you think i can get for it. (not what its worth)

96 xr400

Trying to sell the xr cause i got a deal on another bike. I need something more motox oreinted.

Previous Upgrades: Thumpstar 440 kit, high rev cdi box, rekluse clutch, longer kicker, fmf powercore II, manual decomp

Upgrades by me with about .5 hours on them: crf inverted front end, new ebc pads, greased all joints, bed liner the whole frame, acerbis headlight, new tires, seal savers, new chain, ceet cover, new kb valve springs, new gaskets up top, new exhaust valves, repacked muffler, new tag bars, mirror, no toil filter, new paint, stage 2 hotcams, supermoto front fender...

I think that is it.

Whats it worth???

the only reason i say that 2k seemed him is because I spent 2150 on my stock 2000. I constantly see 2001 and 2002 for 2500 dollar range. I also agree with those other guys about making it as stock as possible... maybe just the gordon mods on it.

the only reason i say that 2k seemed him is because I spent 2150 on my stock 2000. I constantly see 2001 and 2002 for 2500 dollar range. I also agree with those other guys about making it as stock as possible... maybe just the gordon mods on it.

What bikes are listed for, and what they sell for, are 2 entirely different things.

i listed it at 22 with no intention of going lower than 17 if i have to. Im just ready for something else. Thanks for all the replies though! I probably wont put the stock front end back on because i have no free time anymore.