Sign in to follow this  

I love Progressive Insurance!!

So I have a 2007 Suzuki Gsxr 600 that I have been insuring through Progressive for the past couple months... and after I bought my Kawi I looked into insuring it on the same policy..... and guess what!?? I ended up making money on the deal!! My motorcycle insurance was 120 a month before the Kawi, and when I added the Kawi to the policy with 250 deductibles for collision and comp, and 4500 dollars in aftermarket parts, it went DOWN to 100 BUCKS a month :eek:. Progressive actual PAID ME to insure my Dirtbike with them. Soooo last weekend my GF just bought her Brand new CRF 230 and she was joking around about how I should put it on my insurance and get some more discounts.... well I checked it out, and you wouldn't believe it....

I saved another 10 bucks a month to insure her bike with the same coverages (minus the 4500 dollar accessories)!!!:lol: :lol: So now for 3 bikes Im paying 90 dollars a month, compared to the 120 I was paying just for my GSXR!! Gotta love that! Never heard of an insurance company paying you to insure your dirtbikes!! I would highly recommend Progressive for motorcycle insurace :applause:

my insurance company is always dicking around with me. I'm looking to change.

you need insurance on bikes? why?

If it gets stolen... and Liability are the main things I was looking for. If you hit someone on your bike, or run into something, and damage it, you can end up getting sued, or have to pay out of pocket. Its just for peace of mind, and for those "accidents" Plus I have collision coverage, so If I total my bike, I call them up pay my 250 bucks and get reimbursed for the cost of my bike + the accessories. Well worth it, especially in my case!!:applause:

I've been insuring all my bikes and quads thru progressive for the last 5yrs..super cheap!

If it gets stolen... and Liability are the main things I was looking for. If you hit someone on your bike, or run into something, and damage it, you can end up getting sued, or have to pay out of pocket. Its just for peace of mind, and for those "accidents" Plus I have collision coverage, so If I total my bike, I call them up pay my 250 bucks and get reimbursed for the cost of my bike + the accessories. Well worth it, especially in my case!!:applause:

if you crash a mx bike they cover the cost. cool but

So I have a 2007 Suzuki Gsxr 600 that I have been insuring through Progressive for the past couple months... and after I bought my Kawi I looked into insuring it on the same policy..... and guess what!?? I ended up making money on the deal!! My motorcycle insurance was 120 a month before the Kawi, and when I added the Kawi to the policy with 250 deductibles for collision and comp, and 4500 dollars in aftermarket parts, it went DOWN to 100 BUCKS a month :eek:. Progressive actual PAID ME to insure my Dirtbike with them. Soooo last weekend my GF just bought her Brand new CRF 230 and she was joking around about how I should put it on my insurance and get some more discounts.... well I checked it out, and you wouldn't believe it....

I saved another 10 bucks a month to insure her bike with the same coverages (minus the 4500 dollar accessories)!!!:lol: :lol: So now for 3 bikes Im paying 90 dollars a month, compared to the 120 I was paying just for my GSXR!! Gotta love that! Never heard of an insurance company paying you to insure your dirtbikes!! I would highly recommend Progressive for motorcycle insurace :applause:

I pay $75 a year for my WR426, and $75 a year for my XR650R through Progressive.

progressive doesnt insure race bikes.

What does that mean?? As long as it has a VIN and you want to pay, you can insure it. They just might not want to file your claim if you were entered in a race while you crashed it... but if your "race bike" were stolen out of your garage, they will shell out the $$

:applause:

look close at your policy... theres a loophole. they dont have to cover it. i think there was a thread about progressive specifically like a week ago. as for theft, the bike should be covered on your homeowners policy. WA doesnt require ins. on bikes on the road, but does require cars to have ins. for uninsured motorists. so the cars are kinda insured for the bikes. I keep my main bike insured in the summer anyways though...

If you want a better deal than progressive for bikes check out state farm. My r6 was going to be $1800 a year(no tickets and over 25yrs old). I talked with state farm and I pay $413 a year for full coverage with a $500 deductible(same as progressive was) I'm now paying less for my truck, r6, ktm 450sx, polaris snowmobile and enclosed trailer than I was paying for just my truck through progressive.

look close at your policy... theres a loophole. they dont have to cover it. i think there was a thread about progressive specifically like a week ago. as for theft, the bike should be covered on your homeowners policy. WA doesnt require ins. on bikes on the road, but does require cars to have ins. for uninsured motorists. so the cars are kinda insured for the bikes. I keep my main bike insured in the summer anyways though...

Horse Crap. As bad as I hate progressive I have to defend them here. I have been an insurance agent for 8 years and my family has owned agencies for 52 years. Heres the deal 1st of all if you can your homeowners to pay for a bike thats stolen Ill give you all of mine, unless you have a rider which my state does not allow. Only way a homeowners policy will cover anything with wheels is if it is used to keep up your property period. So lawnmowers, or even an Atv with a snowblade can be covered. As far as you saying there is a loophole WRONG. They will not cover race bikes while in a racing event like stated above. But if you arent racing when claim occurs its covered. It would be against the law for them to bait and switch a consumer like that. Every bike we have cab be "raced" off the showroom floor so if they accept your VIN them they are obligated to cover you. YES there is a clause in there about racing if you total a bike, or hurt someone while in a scheduled event then they do not have to pay. I have had 100s of Mx bikes stolen or damaged that I have insured with DRIVE or Progressive (same company) that have been paid for no questions asked. I actually have by bikes and atv with them now. My family's companies where leading producer for good old progressive for over 6 years in a row in Va, so we have alot of bikes with them, that was until there auto rates turned to shit and moved alot of business.

If u even think of leaving a bike of anykind unattended for even a minute its gone around theese parts. Ive had 2 quads and 2 dirtbikes taken from me in the past 3 years. If i didnt have insurance.... My quad had 20 Gs wrapped up in it. Theft is a huge problem in certain areas. especially around cities Im smack dab between Philly and NYC and Trenton and Camden all 30 minuets in either direction. They arent even safe in your garage or house, They watch and wait and when u leave they will steal ur bike if they want it bad enough no matter if u got it chained up or not.

Anyone in the military with USAA... renters policies or home owners absolutly will not cover any bikes, despite what they may have said on the phone with u. I learned the hard way.

as for theft, the bike should be covered on your homeowners policy.

You might want to double check your policy . In my state , ATV's are not covered under home owner's .

You might want to double check your policy . In my state , ATV's are not covered under home owner's .

never get "ATV" and "dirt bike" mixed up :applause: .