Sign in to follow this  

Daniel's Ridge HS, impotent info, and who's goin?

This being the first race of the year, be ready for it to be crowded and a long line at sign up. They will have Saturday sign up for anyone that wants to avoid the lines. I am thinkin that I will head up on Saturday to sign up. If you don't get there early, you will have a hard time finding a parking spot.:lol:

Who's going for sure? Looks like it's going to be a good season!:applause:

Well, unless it's absolutely pouring when I wake up, I'll be heading out Sunday morning. It's a 3+ hour drive from Raleigh so I'm hoping the rain holds off .. Bringing an S12 for the front just in case though...:lol:

-Bob / Senior-C #929

Hey Bob, looks like I will be lining up right in front of ya! Don't run me down too fast. :applause: my bike has a rev limiter...me. hehehe

Ill be their, probaly head their sat to walk the track, and sighn up.

senior c - 928

dave mac

well, I going. I wanted to go Saturday with my friends and camp out (they are doing that) but they didnt have anymore room. the way me and my friends do do things, its kinda a 1st come 1st serve type deal lol and one of my friends beat me to it. So, I have to wait in the stupid line on Sunday :applause:

Ill be their, probaly head their sat to walk the track, and sighn up.

senior c - 928

dave mac

Dave, when you headin up Sat? I will be goin' up then also.

probaly get their Around 1 or 2, im guessing

what about you Garret?

thanks

dave mac

This being the first race of the year, be ready for it to be crowded and a long line at sign up. They will have Saturday sign up for anyone that wants to avoid the lines. I am thinkin that I will head up on Saturday to sign up. If you don't get there early, you will have a hard time finding a parking spot.:lol:

Gmoss, when you say get there early(my class starts at 2:45pm)how early do you mean?? BTW I will be there in the Vet C class.

I will be driving up Sunday morning from Sanford. Hopefully it is not as bad as last year, but it will still be packed. The afternoon race didn't start until almost 3:30 if I remember correctly, and that trend continued throughout the season. I am running open B again this year and they moved us to the morning race which should be good. Fresh track and fast riders. Lets see how many times the pros can lap me. See ya'll Sunday. Oh yeah...don't forget to set your clocks ahead an hour.

I'm out. I got the other stuff sorted out but, there is so much going on each weekend it is getting too much for my wife with the kids. This weekend would have made 3 of 4 (for this month) I'd be gone for at least 1 of the days...gotta' scale back some of the extra-curricular.

Sorry guys, I'd hoped I could jump into the season at the get go. Not going to work out for me.

Finding time to get out is getting harder and harder.

Is this for the Mid East Hare Scramble that is on 3/18 in Morganton?

probaly get their Around 1 or 2, im guessing

what about you Garret?

thanks

dave mac

I would like to get there before lunch as long as they are there. I will give ya a ring.:applause:

Gmoss, when you say get there early(my class starts at 2:45pm)how early do you mean?? BTW I will be there in the Vet C class.

9:30-10:30am at the latest. I am serious when I say this, at least for this race. If you get there close to lunch you won't find a place to park, especially if you have a trailer. It will also take you longer to sign up not giving you much time to walk the track and check things out. I don't like to be rushed on race day or I will rush once the race starts.

Is this for the Mid East Hare Scramble that is on 3/18 in Morganton?

NC Hare Scramble Series, not Mideast.

NCHSA

Wade, I hate to hear you are not getting to go. There will be more, so no worries.

Thanks Gmoss,

I will get there around 10-10:30 and see if I can find you.

Thanks Gmoss,

We are also shooting for that time frame. Did you see the description of what we will be driving?

alright, gone for the weekend, call me if you need to.

Hey Bob, looks like I will be lining up right in front of ya! Don't run me down too fast. :lol: my bike has a rev limiter...me. hehehe

Nah, not too much to worry about there, I'm usually the runover-ee, not the runover-er :applause:

-Bob

Thanks Gmoss,

We will be in an open trailer instead of closed. dark green 95 Tahoe with an RMZ250 and my KTM SXF in the back. Also look for the big RED Snap On canopy.

TMX, hahaha, sounds like me.:applause:

good to see ya Paul. Had a good time and should have been right there with you at the end.:eek: Between my bike cuttin' out at the beginning of the race and getting run over on the first lap:mad: , I pretty much didn't have a chance to be competitive. It's got me thinkin' about moving to the A race.:applause:

That extra 2 hour wait to race didn't help much either.:lol: :lol:

Needless to say I had a better time before the race. hehehe

Results

yeah, the wait before the race really pissed me off lol

I ended up getting 6th out of 21 in Light-C and 88th out of 190 Overall

Thats the best Ive done in a while! lol

I can say that I accomplished all of my goals for that race though!

1. I finished in the Top 10; I really wasnt expecting 6th though!

2. I beat my friend Derek Sink; From the 2nd lap to the 4th he would end up falling in the last section before the MX track and I would pass him and lead him for 80% of the MX track but then he would pass me in that big sweeping turn before the triples and lead me for that lap, but I passed him when it counts, on the last lap, I passed him on that 1st section of woods and didnt see him until it was over lol

So, I was happy with the race lol :applause:

Hey Garret,

Judging from your first lap time, did you get caught up in that mess about a mile in?

-B