Sign in to follow this  

no spark

I was wondering if anyone knew how to check to see if the coil is bad. I have a 01 KTM 250 exc and I am getting no spark. I pulled the plug to see it sparked and there was nothing. I tried my yz450 and I could see the spark clearly. Does anyone have any ideas.

Hi Alfa,

You haven't followed up with the information you promised in the previous posts. We are more than happy to help you out, but you have to show a little gratitude, and supply some information. Did you look at the schematic I posted for you - is there votage supplied from the stator to the CDI? Have you tried the most simple solution - disconnected the kill switch? Have you removed the tank to see if the kill switch wire is worn and grounding to the frame. Is your stator corroded , or the wires in the stator case corroded upon visual inspection?

:applause: Good Stuff.

So you've identified it has no spark at the plug. Now work back from there.

Juice along the wire? Juice coming out of the coil? Juice coming out of the stator?

Where is the break? There is your problem.

Ohms and Resistance, wiring diragrams............. :lol: Wow, most complex item I've ever needed was a light bulb. :lol: