Sign in to follow this  

Best $100 mod?

I've got some money to blow, so what is the best thing you can do for your bike for 100. Maintanance and replacement parts don't count, and i've had my suspension done.

is it jetted right? thats a cheap and satisfying thing do do when your bike runs crappy :applause:

The thing with my bike is that being an older 125, it has a very sudden hit up top. Will the V-forces help or hurt this? I've also heard that Boyseen reeds would be better. What do you guys think?

It is said the following.

Boyesen are BETTER reeds IF and only IF you can jet it spot on,

if not

V-force are good reeds for the non jetting population.

• Like 1

Do the petals go right on the stock cage of do you have to buy one of those too?

graphics! youll get about 10hp and you can deff feel the diffrence in speed.:applause: lol

Save for a leatt brace.:lol:

Yeah, another 300 bucks :lol: OK :applause:

I wouldnt blow that much on one, even if it saves my life or not! Ive known, uh, 0 people that got hurt. Not saying it can't happend, but I'll take my chances. And a 40 dollar foam brake works just as good.

And isnt the reed setups like 140 bucks?

Some Pro Taper evos !! and then go to BK with the rest and get a value meal and super size it too.

by far the best $100 i ever spent (actually $120 i think) was for riding lessons with one of norcals top enduro guys. it made me considerably faster and less crash-prone on any bike.

i put some boyesen pro series in my cr250 and HOLY FREAKIN CRAP, it made a hell of a diffrence, :applause:

DITTO THAT!

Do the petals go right on the stock cage of do you have to buy one of those too?

Yes, I've got the Boyesen power reeds installed on the stock reed cage. It's a simple swap...and they're generally less than $40, so you still have $60 to spend on.....hmmmmm......I'll get back to you on that.

Top end!
Really when was the last time the piston and rings were replaced, oil, tusk clutch. Bike needs to run right first off.

Hey now, no cheating! :lol: He said at the beginning that replacement/wear parts don't count...:applause:

(but the Boyesen reeds do...they're an upgrade!):lol:

V force Reeds, they make a lot of difference. Re-pack your silencer and a pre oiled twin-air filter. Cant have a fast bike and not be able to hold on to it, so pick up some new grips if yours are grimy.