Sign in to follow this  

Newbie WR/YZ 250 question

Hello-

I'm interested in buying a 2001 WR250F and was wondering if the plastics/graphics from a YZ250F (same year) will interchange. I want to put on the ONE Industries Hurricane kit, but it's not listed for the WR. Thanks

My son just put the Hurricane kit on his '02 WR (same plastics as my '01 426 and the 01 250). The front fender and shrouds match up fine. You have to cut a small notch in the forward lower right hand corner of the rear fender to clear the WR mid-pipe (even when running a YZF pipe...go figure) and the rear fender will bolt right up. Of course, if you do that, you lose the lights, so we went with an Acerbis DHH headlight in yellow (perfect color match) and Baja Designs LED tail light. We added flush mount V marker lights for turn signals. He has an IMS 3.4 gal YZ tank (natural color) and YZ seat on his bike. The tank graphics don't cover the whole tank like they would on a YZ tank, but with a tittle trimming they look fine. I don't know how they would look on a stock WR tank, but I expect the fit wouldn't be good. All the other graphics fit just fine.

I will post pics soon, but it won't be tonight (too much other stuff going on)

The shrouds are the same but the tank is different (bigger). You should be able to make it look OK, if you have the $$$ get a black tank (IMS?) , that would look pretty good.

lol yea the hurrcane graphics works on the 01. That's what i put on mine. But i have a YZ seat and tank, and we had to trim the shroud a bit but it fits right on there. Here's a picture of it.

IMG_2569.jpgIMG_2573.jpg

Everything bolted onto it. Just get the kit that fits the 01 YZF and as long as you have the seat and tank you'll be ok.

Really nice bike Clutch!!

Thanks i love it. My dad helped me Put the stuff on it. The Headlight is a Acerbis, you may have to rewire your old headlight wires or you may not. Since the YZ rear fender doesn't have a tail light we bought a Acberis LED tail. light drilled a hole in the rear near the Airbox put a rubber stopper in there and wired it to the old tail light wires. I bought all this for about $250 i think. I did it a year ago. But i think it looks factory and hey made some memories with my dad putting it together!

How do u like the trials tire?

One way to put it i wont run a Nobby tire anymore. When the trail gets snotty with wet clay, rocks, mud, as long as it can find a hard surface you will go right up. And i mean Right up it! I had to change my riding style to suit the new found traction i was getting! If you live in Washington state like i do you'll love it. That tire i have had on there for three or four seasons. And i'm just now needing to pick up a new one. lol Time to do some chores to get the money! The down side to the trials is that you can't go really fast on it. Like hitting a fire road, you'll start to sway cause of the low air pressure, its occasionally interesting to put on the rim. When my dad was putting one on his then GasGas 300 he had to add two rim locks to hold it into place. But if you run a tube in the tubeless, (Which is what i have. It adds a bit more sidewall to it.) We didn't need to add any rim locks. But we love um, swear by them, in fact we have three out of five bikes have trial tires. I highly suggest them for trail riding where there is a lot of rocks or clay.