Sign in to follow this  

Coeshow; Torqd; the results are in

after completion of the XR200r cylinder head modification, I happy to report that after my dyno runs, my crf went from 16.2hp/10.1ftlbs torque to 18.1hp/11.4ft/lbs torque!::applause: applause: and this with fat jetting, will race this weekend in a TT race so I am anxious for the 'seat of the pants" feel.:lol:

will advise

2whltuner

Good to hear... keep us posted on practicality of the hp gains... I assume you will not only see the difference on paper but feel the difference on your backside!

Good luck and be safe!

It is a Frankenstein crf150 motor... If interested contact Mike Coe/CoeShow. It is a little in depth. More than a bolt on setup. Good Luck!

I remember somebody mentioning that mod a while back. Lots to it but it's supposed to make a world of a difference. Good luck at the race and hope the mod works well for you.

-rob

after proper jetting, my new numbers with this engine set-up are 18.5hp and 12ftlbs of torque

raced tt last night, 1st in heats and in the main (200cc max class) all I can say is WOW WHAT A DIFFERENCE!! I would recommend this mod for anyone who is running a 175 kitted engine, yes machine work is involved (machining of the 200 cam journals for the 150 cam, piston modification and valve job), the number increase may not reflect the $$ spent but seat of the pants sure does!!

as for "how much", first that depends on how much you can get a xr200r head for and how far you want to go with the mod, but in my case the

xr200r head mod cost around $500 with premium componets and machine work.

Thats great news! its always nice to have an EDGE

Good luck and ride safely.