Sign in to follow this  

upgrading this bike

Now I am also thinking of just upgrading my current bike..

I'm thinking Excel rims (black) Talon hubs (black) and some bigger brakes... any and all suggestions welcome

motorcycle7_resize.jpgmotorcycle6_resize.jpg

motorcycle5_resize.jpgmotorcycle4_resize.jpgmotorcycle3_resize.jpg

motorcycle2_resize.jpgmotorcycle1_resize.jpg

this is what I got now,, most of this work was done last year

renthal handelbars & grips,Pirelli diablos,m4 carbon fiber exhaust,chrome mirrors,acerebis bark busters,hyper white light bulb,AFAM sprokets, new front springs

from east coast atv

Re: Payment for Powder coating and Modifications

Powder coat:

Rear tail Side covers,All front brackets Foot brake,Foot pegs Motor mount,Shifter

Modifications:

Polishing sway arm to chrome finish,Weld shifter,Cut plastic rear fender (for plate)

*Includes removal, prep, replace and installation of all parts

Total cost $1300.00

727 Kit w/ Corrial Rod

35mm Carbs $1,200.00,Big Bore Sleeve $110.00 ,Piston Kit 105mm $239.00 ,Bore Cases $ 75.00 ,Gaskets $ 80.00

Webcam/ Hotcam $220.00 ,Port Polish Head $450.0,Corrial Rod $250.00,Pen Bearing $ 49.95,R&R Eng. $450.00,

Total $3,318.95

if it were mine i would redo the frontend(i hate the mud bar and the fixed fender and headlight), get a 99r6 wave rotor, powdercoat the stock wheels(the behr wheels are way better than the excels), get a acerbis headlight assy., and a aftermarket led tail light that is smaller, a supermoto front fender, trim the radiator shrouds, and get a trailtech vapor computer and dashboard kit with the idiot lights.this is what i have done to mine and the improvement is great.dont have pics yet but will in a few weeks(its not back together yet) or you could put a yz front end on it and have upside down forks:thumbsup:

where do I get the brakes and the aceribis head light kit.. is it the baja kit

you can get the stuff anywhere online or at a dealer,the front rotor is a ebc lite wave rotor for a 99 yamaha r6, and the only street legal head light from acerbis is the cyclops(the one in the pic), and get a acebis supermoto front fender.its pretty easy to wire up and do. the vapor is cake to wire up too.