Sign in to follow this  

dirty carb or bad jetting?

how do you tell if the carb is dirty or is jetted wrong? i have been "battling" a weird bog issue and i can never seem to get it right. so short of pulling the carb, is there any way to tell? im gonna be going to the desert this weekend but its as bad as ever, should i just pull the carb and make sure or what?

it is an off idle bog, like when you crack open the throttle, but it also happens at low revs, like less than half throttle, when you accelerate fast.

any ides?

thanks

how do you tell if the carb is dirty or is jetted wrong? i have been "battling" a weird bog issue and i can never seem to get it right. so short of pulling the carb, is there any way to tell? im gonna be going to the desert this weekend but its as bad as ever, should i just pull the carb and make sure or what?

it is an off idle bog, like when you crack open the throttle, but it also happens at low revs, like less than half throttle, when you accelerate fast.

any ides?

thanks

Your working on the TE? I have zero experiance with that carb, I do recall someone talking about that model needling a 37 pilot.

More interested in your 69 400! (I raced and worked on many of those). Do you have a side float 32mm Bing?