Sign in to follow this  

Less Restrictive Knee Protection

I know it's counter-intuitive, but I just can't deal with my Asterisks anymore. They don't hurt, but they are way too restrictive. I bought them as a preventative as I don't have any knee issues, but I wanted to be on the safe side. I don't race, but I ride aggresively, lots of singletrack, rocky Nevada high desert, sand washes, etc. I see EVS has a new guard, the Strata, with dual hinges and was curious as to the general consensus on these. Also, if there is some other option out there, I'd be very interested in your opinions. I already know I'm going to get a lot of "just get used to the Asterisks" answers, but they're already going on the block, so they're no longer an option. I'm just looking for other ideas to replace them. Thanks kids...SC

yeah... i had asterisks too. after four months in them, i sold them. i realized after trying EVS SCO5 and 661 pads and thor knee protetion braces, that cti were worth it. i actually ebayed a pair that, suprisingly were a good fit (get measurements beforehand) am happy. there really is no substitute

Don Joy Armor brace. I race mx and they don't pinch, you can set the extension stops, and they are a mid price brace that will keep you from doing you acl.