Sign in to follow this  

Resprung fork oil recommendations?

I posted this in the SUSPENSION forum, but thought someone here might be of some help as well.

I'm expecting a rough ride after replacing my stockers with FC springs. At 225# geared, going .48/5.7, any recommendation for fluid/clicker settings to help with the breaking bumps? Don't have the dough set aside for revalve-yet. Novice-Int. skill level.

I'm going to change the pressure springs, per another recommendation. Should I go with the 1.01's for those since I'm going right to .48 springs?

Thanks! :applause:

I might add I've been running stockers with factory settings from day one. I find the breaking bumps to be a bit harsh, but everything else plush. Problem is, bottoming on big hits/landings.

I'm dreading the harshness and changes in handling. :applause:

I'm going to change the pressure springs, per another recommendation. Should I go with the 1.01's for those since I'm going right to .48 springs?

Thanks! :applause:

1.61 my good man:thumbsup:

1.61 my good man:thumbsup:

Hey thanks Mike! So only one step down from stock makes a difference? What would happen if I went lower? Is it possible to go too soft on those?

If you go too soft you won't put enough pressure on that base valve stack is what I understand. FC reccomends them and I haven't seen anyone go lower. I am at 185 and feel the initial plushness with them.:applause: