Sign in to follow this  

front brake bleeding

today opened the bleed valve on frt. brake ,then opened the resivior cap. well it sucked all the fluid out of the lines and all. Now have been putting fluid back in then pull the lever then open and close bleed screw but can not get any presure built up at all. am thinking of taking of line and just filling untill it comes out line then hook up and try. If anybody has any sugg. I would greatly appr. thanks. Have to get get fixed to make gncc in Ga. this weekend.

today opened the bleed valve on frt. brake ,then opened the resivior cap. well it sucked all the fluid out of the lines and all. Now have been putting fluid back in then pull the lever then open and close bleed screw but can not get any presure built up at all. am thinking of taking of line and just filling untill it comes out line then hook up and try. If anybody has any sugg. I would greatly appr. thanks. Have to get get fixed to make gncc in Ga. this weekend.

Common problem, getting the air out by bleeding from the top. Air bubbles rise. Try filling from the bottom bleed screw. To do this you need a big syringe. or you can try your wifes turkey baster, or poke a hole in the cap of the brake fluid bottle and insert a rubber hose.

The idea is to force the fluid up from the bottom, instead of the other way.

I remove the brake caliper from the fork with the brake line still hooked up.

Hang the caliper from something so it's higher than the master cylinder. Keep the brake line straight no loops. Bleed by loosening the bleeder valve, squeezing the brake lever, and tighening the valve before releasing the brake lever. Repeat until all air is gone and replace caliper on fork. You're done.