START OR JOIN RIDING CLUB? Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Moonrocks 3/10 - any snow there? how many ride posts does it take?

so yeah I'm back in town with my usual 14 threads all to get one ride day in. Me and YG are making the trip over saturday.

IS IT clear of snow over there? gonna be 70F

hey Bob, How long of a drive is it to Moonrocks? Lookin to doing some riding Saturday and I really don't want to ride Prairie City

desert riding

YG and I are going Saturday, if I can get a snow report that says it's clear.

meet us there if you want.

You should be good by Saturday, its really only snowed a little and its been very warm. All the snow in Reno is gone and its melting in the hills quick. I went from green grass to close to 4 feet of snow in a matter of 72 hours and since the last storm I'm down to less than a foot.

what type of riding is it there? I'm sure it has to be better than PC.

Lots of good desert! Anything is better than prairie city. watch out for the donkeys:ride:

90% gone, some lingering in the north facing draws, but very little. It has been very warm, and really - it wasn't a very good storm anyway. Now if Peavine would just clear up...

What time are you coming over Bob - wanna play on some other trails than the usual? Sharpie - you wanna go ride? (been 6 weeks and I'm really starting to jones here)

WE GO, but YG is a newbie in sand so this is a easy trail ride at MR. we'll be at the usual MR staging area - the big flat at say 9-930 am Saturday. depending how early I get her up

Sharpie - you wanna go ride? (been 6 weeks and I'm really starting to jones here)

I am up for Sunday!

Ok Myself Richo and 3 others are going on Saturday. Leaving Sacramento around 5:30 - 6am. Never have been to Moonrocks so can someone throw me some directions. :applause:

Ok Myself Richo and 3 others are going on Saturday. Leaving Sacramento around 5:30 - 6am. Never have been to Moonrocks so can someone throw me some directions. :applause:

80 east through Reno and get off on Pyramid Hwy in Sparks, go north on Pyramid for roughly 20 miles, turn left on Winnemucca Ranch Rd, follow Winnemucca Ranch Rd until it turns to dirt, after about 1 mile of dirt you will see a fence on both sides of the road, where the fence ends on the left you will see a sign that says Hungry Valley Recreation access turn left, thats the entrance to Moon Rocks. Have fun while I'm working and if you see an AT&T truck heading towards Reno between Truckee and Reno in the morning wave.

OK. Just came in from working on the bike. Looks like she's dialed in. Just put in a FCR to replace the CVK that came stock. WOW! Zero bog or hesitation. If you see a silver Dodge Ram with a big ass Thor sticker in the back window stop by and say hi. I'll be there with LostBoys. Never been to Moon Rocks before, but it looks like it's similar to the Arizona riding I used to do. Good times!

as you drive into moonrocks, the first staging area is to the right in front of the rocks, stay on the dirt road go by there, the next staging area is to the left on a flat go by there, a little ways further is a small down hill go down the hill and to the left is a big flat area the third staging area look for us there at 9 am, Grey Tundra, one Husaberg and one Yamaha.

80 west through Reno and get off on Pyramid Hwy in Sparks, go north on Pyramid for roughly 20 miles, turn left on Winnemucca Ranch Rd, follow Winnemucca Ranch Rd until it turns to dirt, after about 1 mile of dirt you will see a fence on both sides of the road, where the fence ends on the left you will see a sign that says Hungry Valley Recreation access turn left, thats the entrance to Moon Rocks. Have fun while I'm working and if you see an AT&T truck heading towards Reno between Truckee and Reno in the morning wave.

that exit and left trun at sparks is at the Nuggut hotel.

Jason and I will be there Sat. Probley won't get there until 9:30, my first time there and should be fun. I'm sure we'll cross somewhere and say hi.

we'll look for you. I believe Jason has been there, look for us in the Big flat area. I'm sure I'll get an hour break away for a big boys ride. Good stuff - Fun area.

we'll look for you. I believe Jason has been there, look for us in the Big flat area. I'm sure I'll get an hour break away for a big boys ride. Good stuff - Fun area.

Yes, Jason says he has been there a couple times. We'll see ya...