KLX 110, What next?

I wasn't aware of a free way to adv timing on a 50. Most CDI rev boxes will advance timing and increase or remove the rev limit. I am not sure I would go through the trouble unless it was being raced. After rejetting you might want to try a bigger rear sprocket, I am running a 35 tooth on my son's, 33 was stock for a 2006 model. Counter sprocket would be a little cheaper, but I always worry about wear on the chain when going down a tooth.

Matt's sprocket

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Modding the 50 is very easy, and was worth it to get some snap in the bottom end. Because the timing tends to be conservative from the factory, advancing the timing is a safe mod as long as you don't get too radical. I'm unsure whether; a. the 110 can be modified as easily or, b. it even requires it if it has an automatic advance system in the ignition circuitry.

It will run fine with the stock pilot. But it will warm up faster and start much easier in cooler weather if you go up from the stock #38 to a #40 pilot jet. It will start with one to two kicks everytime, and warm up in 15 seconds. I would not recommend the TBR needle jet, it's a waste with anything other than their airbox removal kit.

You want an honest answer to what to do with the KLX? SELL IT, BUY A REAL BIKE. I rode a piece of shit KLX125 for 6 months, 5 months and three weeks too long.....

Look in my Garage. I promise you I have two great bikes, something I ride with the kids and my boy rides the green machine.

The WR is a experience of biblical proportions in itself.