Sign in to follow this  

BAD Crash

Hell, I don't even reach 3rd gear.

Niether did he genius. Thats my point. None of us ever think we are gonna crash at slow speeds. I agree, what he was doing was stupid, but if you really think he deserved all that, then you guys are pretty damn ruthless. I guess NONE of you guys ever do anything stupid. Never drank and drove? Never rode a bicycle without a helmet? Ect. ect. I just hope if any of you ever have an accident while using poor judgement people are more simpathetic to you than you are to this poor bugger. Man, just think how you would feel if that was you, your dad, your brother, your best friend...who ever. The guy almost died. Flame away if it somehow makes you feel better about yourselves, but think about it.

I had a "small" accident probably comparable to this. After seeing this, I am so thankful I was wearing a helmet. Even with the helmet I was knocked unconscious. I hate to think of what ifs. I'm always very safety minded but gee this makes me appreciate my health a little more.

Niether did he genius. Thats my point. None of us ever think we are gonna crash at slow speeds. I agree, what he was doing was stupid, but if you really think he deserved all that, then you guys are pretty damn ruthless. I guess NONE of you guys ever do anything stupid. Never drank and drove? Never rode a bicycle without a helmet? Ect. ect. I just hope if any of you ever have an accident while using poor judgement people are more simpathetic to you than you are to this poor bugger. Man, just think how you would feel if that was you, your dad, your brother, your best friend...who ever. The guy almost died. Flame away if it somehow makes you feel better about yourselves, but think about it.

happy to see some people are not flaming the guy, I can tell you this i have done some stupid stuff before and im happy i did not crash when doing so. I guess im one of the lucky ones!!!!

I like to think that I am some kind of genius..:lol: ..so thank you for that!

I, however, did not flame him for it and admitted that I ride on my street without gear on rare occasions. The difference between me and him is that I do not attempt stunts without gear. A simple looped out wheelie could easily result in a split noggin...even at very slow speeds.

It's a terrible story and nobody wants it to happen to a friend or relative. But it's easy for people to leave emotions out of it when watching something on the Internet. How many of us watch the crash compilations online or shows like Maximum Exposure or Holy $#*%. At least on this clip we got to see that he recovered and is doing well.

Whats even more terrible is that a reputable network like Discovery would allow him to do stunts without a helmet :applause:. Not a very good way to support the industry or promote healthy lifestyles :lol:

The question in point is, How can anyone justify the need not to wear a helmet if they are going no more then 20 miles an hour? I was floored when I heard the commentator quoting the rider. This rider was not taking the necessary

precautions intentionally, It's not like he was going down the street to get a gallon of milk. Yeah you can feel sympathetic, but the idiot was asking for it. There is a thing called " Gravity", No matter what your skill level is, at some point in time you will go down when you least expect it.

I like to think that I am some kind of genius..:lol: ..so thank you for that!

I, however, did not flame him for it and admitted that I ride on my street without gear on rare occasions. The difference between me and him is that I do not attempt stunts without gear. A simple looped out wheelie could easily result in a split noggin...even at very slow speeds.

It's a terrible story and nobody wants it to happen to a friend or relative. But it's easy for people to leave emotions out of it when watching something on the Internet. How many of us watch the crash compilations online or shows like Maximum Exposure or Holy $#*%. At least on this clip we got to see that he recovered and is doing well.

Whats even more terrible is that a reputable network like Discovery would allow him to do stunts without a helmet :applause:. Not a very good way to support the industry or promote healthy lifestyles :lol:

I totally agree with every word. Sorry if I came across like an ass. I just felt bad for the guy, even if he was being stupid. Take it easy.

That guy beat the odds and recovered if not fully, it was well enough to have a decent quality life. I can't tell you how many live in a vegatative state for the rest of their miserable days not even aware they are being a burden to their families for years and years.

It's a simple fix. Wear a helmet.

helmets save lifes remember that everyone, i can get pictures of gouges in the helmet from a barb wire fence that my friend crashed into, always wear them