Sign in to follow this  

klx 110 2007

go to planetminis.com, they have a bunch of mods for those bikes in the forums.

if i were you, i would do a 134 bore kit, just do some research on them, and maybe a different pipe if you dont mind noise. The stock airbox might be really restrictive since its just a kids bike.

yeah planet minis will help a lot. How much does your son weigh and what does he ride(track desert freestyle), we need more specifics before I tell you which route to go. I can help but I would like to know some about him first

He Is Just Learning How To Ride So Not Real Aggresive Yet 85 Lbs And 5,4

We have 2 KLX110 (2005). One for my 9 yr old and the other for my 12 yr old. I would go with the free mods first. Drill out the restricter in the head pipe (or get an aftermarket). Do the air box mod for sure and rejet to 90 main and 40 pilot. That will make the bike much more responsive. I personally would stay away from bore kits. If he is just learning he doesn't need the power yet.

What could help once he learns to ride more agressively is suspension. I put KX60 forks, I-shock and bars on both bikes to give it a bit more height and travel. My kids are very aggressive riders who like the jumps.

Your son at 85lbs and 5'4 will be out of the bike in less than a year and you won't get the $1,000 in mods back. I would save the $1,000 towards his next bike and let him ride. I wish I had done that as the 9 yr old is moving up to a KX65.

THEMOVIE022-1.jpg