Sign in to follow this  

Watcha think about this?

I would use a high quality motorcycle specific oil, The better ones are, Belray Thumper Racing 20w50, Maxima Synthetic blend 10w40, Amsoil Motorcycle full synthetic 10w40 (MCF), etc.

But what I use because of cost is Pennzoil outdoor motorcycle 10w40 when colder and 20w50 when warmer, the stuff is pretty cheap and I change it every 3-4 hours which is the most important thing IMO.

Use a good quality oil and change it frequently and Keep your nice new RMZ250 running great!

If its any help, and you want some tips on maintenance, check out this thread, the maintenance guidelines are generic for any 250 or 450f or any modern 4 stroke for that matter.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4404163#post4404163

So I am good to be using this oil, and changing it every 3 hours? I just dont want to be using an oil that valvoline said is compatible with motorcycles when really it is just car oil in a motorcycle oil bottle and has motocycle oil printed on it.

I've been running the Valvoline 4-cycle 20w-50 in my XR600 for years. No issues. I change it when it gets dirty.

I use the same oil in my 650L, I change it about every 1000 mi., no problems. works for me.

motox888, thanks for posting that link. I have used Valvoline 20w-50 auto oil in my air cooled bikes for years, (not the liquid cooled ones) with very good luck. I'm going to give the motorcycle oil a try.