Sign in to follow this  

Gas gauge

Has anyone put one on their bike? I know you don't really need one, but it would be nice to know how much further you can go before you run out. THink it's stupid?

i dont think anyone has...

not until recently (last 2 or 3 years) has there even been gas guages on street bikes...

unscrew the cap and use a good ear and ull know how much is left :applause:

Hm, I think I'm gonna make one. Stick it in in place of my little rubber doo-dad on the gas cap.

Hm, I think I'm gonna make one. Stick it in in place of my little rubber doo-dad on the gas cap.

u mean the vent hose that prevents the fumes from building up in your tank??

u mean the vent hose that prevents the fumes from building up in your tank??

What do you need a vent for?:applause:

Ha, yeah, that one. They make 'vent caps', doesn't that cap the vent? Seems that way..

Ha, yeah, that one. They make 'vent caps', doesn't that cap the vent? Seems that way..

i have one, its a one way check valve taht goes onto the end of a shortened tube.

lets air in and out but doesnt let gas out

Well, I could mount one on the side of the tank, but don't want any cutting. I just hate running out of gas, I know when I'm going to when it starts bogging and dies. Somehow I always manage to do it when I'm ridin' on the wheeler. Thank goodness for reserve though. And it would look cool to have a gas gauge on your cap. Put vents underneath it

Well, I could mount one on the side of the tank, but don't want any cutting. I just hate running out of gas, I know when I'm going to when it starts bogging and dies. Somehow I always manage to do it when I'm ridin' on the wheeler. Thank goodness for reserve though. And it would look cool to have a gas gauge on your cap. Put vents underneath it

i think a flush mounted one on the back side(if u were sitting on the bike and looked straight down at the tank) of the tank would look sweet, and wouldnt get damaged in a crash

Just ride till your bike stalls. Then switch to reserve and ride home. That's why they put a reserve on the bike:bonk:

What if I want to ride like ten miles? Huh, how can you asnwer that one Robby? I like heybuddys Idea

get a trailtech computer, fill your tank and ride it till its dry, then see how many miles you have gone, then you'll know how far you can go on a full tank...

yeah I know, but you guys are missing the point. I want a gas gauge. IT looks cool, and has benefits. And it doesn't cost 60 bucks like a trailtech.

yeah I know, but you guys are missing the point. I want a gas gauge. IT looks cool, and has benefits. And it doesn't cost 60 bucks like a trailtech.

granted it does but for these its just not economical.

This is why Honda put a reserve on their bikes. There is no need for a gas gauge, especially on a dirtbike. My opinion though.