Sign in to follow this  

Downside(s) of the Rekluse clutch?

A freind is entertaining the idea of putting the Rekluse on his son's quad. I thought I read in the past that E-start didn't work with the Rekluse but can't find that info now.

Any downsides? The quad is a 2007 YFZ450...

I don't know about a quad, but for a bike I wouldn't like one myself, b/c I think it is important to use the clutch properly and have it engaged when you want it but that is just my opinion.

The only reason why the e-start wouldn't work with a Rekluse is that the neutral safety switch needs to be by-passed or you need to get the bike into neutral. That's only if you remove the clutch lever that has the switch.

Steve

He'll never be able to park on a hill by just leaving it in gear.

can't bump startr em.if you stall on a hill it will roll in gear.wait its supposed to be stall proof:smashpc:

Lack of bump starting is about the only downside I've found. If you get the 'pro' model, you can still feather and work the clutch when you need it.

Oh yeah... cost. They're not cheap.

i know for me personally i don't like it at all on a bike... it felt like it robbed power and it just wasn't any fun :lol: it may be differnt on a quad though :applause: