Sign in to follow this  

crf 150

First question havn't seen it on here anywhere yet, getting ready to start on my project 150/cr 85 bike, does anyone know if the stem from the crf 150f will fit in the 85 clamps, havn't got my parts yet, have seen alot of people modify the clamps on the 85 to fit the 150 just wondered if its possible to switch the stem, also the link from the 230 supposedly will lower the 150, question on this is will the 85 shock work with this link and if so what can you expect from the suspension, as well as will the stock spring on the 150 work on the cr85, seems to be alot heavier, These are just questions that have come to mind, does anyone know if applied makes an adapter to change over the 85 to the 150fs front brakes, if so do you have a part no and a way to reach them, I have heard that reger does but have not seen to much in pictures here, any phone numbers would be appreciated, thanks

I don't know but glad you asked I was thinking the same thing about modifing the 230 stem to a 250 clamp or billit one with the 230 stem to fit cr250 forks , it will save alot of time I think , & will the brakes & wheel bolt right on ,does anyone know .

The 230 tringle link will lower the 150 but not sure on usage with the 85 shock. I don't think I have seen anyone talk about this exact issue... good question

Reger does make the brake adapter and wheel spacer. Here is a pic:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=432828&highlight=reger

As far as the stem goes... i think the 150/230 stem is welded in... it is so easy to mod the 85 stem... press it out machine the lower pocke .250 in deeper and press it back in.

Good luck

I have had the 85 forks on my son's 150 for about a year. You don't need to modify the stem, just don't use the washer between the lock nut and top tree. It is important to add fork stops. I used stainless shoulder bolts. You will need the 85 brake line as it is longer. The 150 fender will bolt right up, but you will need the 85 number plate. I have the stock 85 shock on the rear that I modified to fit. The spring works good as most of the 150 weight is in the front. I used bbr front springs. I used stainless shoulder bolts which work great. Here are some pics of what I did.

Hope this helps

crf1502er6.th.jpg

crf150iy0.th.jpg

crf1505ly3.th.jpg

OK now for a report on the 85 shock with a 230 link, mind I havn't gotten a chance to ride it yet, but the initial plushness with the stock 85 spring is 100 times better, as far as bottoming it should resist it very well due to the linkage shorter throw configuration that the 230 2 in longer swingarm uses, The bike is for my wife, but I think that the stock 85 spring for the variety of most 150 to 180 lb riders will work in conjunction with the 230 link, awaiting the forks to continue with the rest of the project

Rode the bike with the new shock and 230 link on it, bike hasn,t bottomed yet in the rear with the stock spring, handled the choppy terrain with ease, still waiting on the fork, the initial stroke was as I suspected with the link and stock cr 85 shock and stock spring on it, as it gets shorter in the stroke the shock leverage gets way harder with the 230 link, the further it compresses, the harder it gets Totally amazed on how much better the bike hooks up and excelerates, Definitly not kx450 material but man did we have a blast, can't wait for the forks