Sign in to follow this  

rekluse clutch

Have an 06 250f kawi, was wondering if anyone was using the rekluse clutch, had a serious injury to left arm last year that may put an end to my racing 6 in plate and 6 screws, don't have the strength to pull the clutch, was wondering how it would work on a motocross track, I ride the vet classes, lookin for some imput on this mod may be my only real chance to ride again, I hope not but lookin for options, Thanks

i think that if you dont have the strength to pull a clutch you dont have the strength to ride

Its not a matter of strength, its the ability to pull with my two middle fingers, can ride it just fine but after a couple of attempts at hard corners the tendons are so sore that I can't pull the clutch again, as for ridin, hell I know guys with one arm that race, wrong answer, but thanks for the thought I know it was expressed for my safty, And I should have been more exact on my condition before as submitting, Thanks Art

I've talked to a couple of guys that run them, and they swear by them. They say that the clutches work well and that they don't fatigue nearly as fast. These were trail riders though, but on track bikes. I rode with one guy for a day in the woods, he was on a CR450F that had the Rekluse, and he was crazy fast. I think if it's a matter of you not riding without one, you should definitely give it a try.

I have one on my 04 KX250F and love it. The system works as advertised. You can set the clutch engagement rate and force to your preference by changing springs and spring tension. You can get a higher rpm aggressive hookup for MX or a low rpm trail oriented hookup or anything in between.

The secret to the rekluse is careful setup and installation.

I would definitely recommend it to anyone and especially someone with your arm condition.

I hope that this helps.

The Rekluse comes with quite good instructions. It should also include optional springs for the over-ride system and recommendations on which to use for which type of riding. I used the lighter one for quicker clutch engagement with less low rpm slippage. Then I set the proper cable slack and the stall adjustment to my liking.

After installation adjustments are easy and well described in the manual. I got mine dialed in real nice right off the bat, and then fine tuned it on my first couple of rides.

One thing is that if you want to get the best install possible there is a bit of center clutch work required. Rekluse recommends drilling clutch pack oil supply holes in the inner hub and some careful filing is also required on the center clutch stand offs to get the proper clearances.

The instructions are very good and the center clutch mods are not a real big deal.

I hope this helps. Enjoy your new Rekluse!

i think that if you dont have the strength to pull a clutch you dont have the strength to ride

i agree

You might try a HYDRALIC CLUTCH?

I've been thinking about putting glue on my saddle and pant's! whatca think?

Really I am going with the REKLUSE 2

Picked it up today and have it half installed... there weren't any instructions for inner clutch work were can I find that??

For inner hub modification go to page 4 to 6 in the included instructions. If you don't have the info then go to the Rekluse website and go to their manual section. Go down to SuzKaw KX/RMZ250 and click on it.

The inner hub prep is very important in how good the system is going to work for you.

Hope that this helped.

Sorry my bad... I forgot to mention I'm on a Kx 450 a bit different install I guess, no mention of inner hub work.

I have an 06 250f w/ rekluse clutch and adj. I swear by the thing. I ride mostly woods, but get on the teack frequently and i have no complaints. I will never own another bike without one. Only thing i regret is not waiting for the pro model which has easier install and full override at full throttle. Go for it youll love it.