Best pipe for TTR-125?

My son wants more power out of his bike so I want to replace the exhaust and re-jet it for him. It's an 03 and is currently bone stock, no mods done. What's a good quality, reasonably priced exhaust for this bike and where is the best place to get it? Also, what jets would be a good starting point? I'm in Colorado so 5280 feet elevation. Thanks.

To me, a pipe is a pipe is a pipe. Depends on what you think best is. I am cheap, so that's what I look for. I happened to score a GYTR pipe pretty cheap. Some people like sound. Some like performance. I can tell you that yes you get a little more performance out of a certain pipe. But if you think you can find 10 horsepower out of a pipe, you're smokin some kind of pipe.

Not very cheap, but hands down the BBR, exceptional quality and sound, straight out of the head and straight back, with the rejetting, nice power diffrence. biggest gain I made was lightening the flywheel by one pound, its way to heavy at 4 lbs stock, I sent it to Jeff at procycle.us and for around 60 bucks, it feels like I added 5 horsepower. Exelleration has literally been doubled.

FMF pipe definitely gave me more pep, although probably not as good as the BBR. Then again it was half it's price! I'd buy another one if asked. Nice torque increase with proper jetting.

BIGFAST450YZ - How did you get your flywheel off? I've been thinking about the same thing. At 60 bucks, that seems like a lot of juice for a little dime.

• 2 months later...