Husky Pics.

What is the advantage of the 16.6 hoop over the 17? Nice bike :applause:

Howdy Ride,There are a few things the 16.5 will do better than a 17.. the most noticeable one is the flick-ability of the bike. Since the rake has been lessened and more on the upright position it’s easier to drop it in a turn, 2nd is put’s more weight up front where you need it ( control your drift better ), 3rd also provides better rubber contact patch when your scraping pegs.. put all 3 together and your get a big grin in every corner you attack..

Redrider650r – You missed a fun D38 race on the 4th. Chicken Bones laid out a great course. You could not have been there because I would have spotted those graphics a mile a way. The bike looks great. I am assuming you have sub-mount steering stabilizer under that pro-taper pad. Which one are you using, GPR or Scotts?

Thanks, Alex #40V

Oh goodie..more Husky's in D38! Look for the Baja Husky's pit at the national. I think we will all be there then.

I found out bad news today about my 06 510 and I may have to end up racing my 04 450. Apparently two races ago I tore up the cush drive behind the clutch basket and have rubber all over the engine and will require a complete tear down to get it all out. Don't know if they will have it back together in time for the national or not.

Apparently behind the clutch basket there is some rubber cush drive and that is what came apart. My TC510 was a Husky press bike and came with a Ferraci billet clutch basket in it (which we didn't know about until the last time we opened up the case to fix the broken kick start shaft). After hearing about this I am wondering what else may have been done to the thing. :applause:

But given the problems I have had with the bike, which really haven't been much other then the kick start shaft breaking and now this, I would still get another one (and might order up an 08 when I can!) I blew by two Honda CRF450's two races ago in the dry lake bed. Caught them in fourth, grabbed fifth and held on and flew right by them. My Arai helmet wasn't big enough to contain my smile!

I thought the same thing. The tech from the shop referred to it as the cush drive but I think he may be referring to the bushing. I went looking through the shop manual I have in PDF format and found this when removing the clutch:

Remove the clutch control rod.

Bend back tabs of the hub washer holding the clutch hub nut (27 mm wrench),

remove the nut using the clutch disassembly tool (code no. 8000 79015).

Remove the washer, the clutch hub, the grooved washer, the clutch housing

and the bushing.

So I think the bushing is what may have failed and torn apart. Hopefully I can get some time this weekend to swing by the shop and take a look.

After seeing all these pics I am tempted to put some new plastics and stickers on my 04 450. That bike doesn't qualify for Husky contingency so maybe I can find someone to do some custom sticker kit for it. I really like the pics of the all white 04 SM with the blue sticker kit floating around this forum.

Since this thread is for pics - maybe a pic? Or in a new thread?

Never have seen a clutch cush drive let alone one that failed.

you know I thought this was just for a pic as well but too late now ehhy ... :applause: