Radiator Fan

:applause: I've seen what looks to me to be a radiator support under the gas tank on the right. Is there a radiator fan from honda for that particular place or is it for some thing else ???

i think some bikes have smog pump components mounted there.

i have thought a lot about installing a fan though. even a couple of large computer case fans. 1 on each side and a thermo switch to turn them on.

My bike is an '06, the smog pump had its bracket mounted to the frame, this is a picture I took when the radiator braces were installed. Also if anyone has put please tell wich one you put on there and did you use a termoswitch? . Take a look at the pic. Thanks

crf450xpicnb7.jpg

The fan is availabel for a 250x but our 450's are not prewired for them. I have already been through this I looked it up and only thing i found was Part #'s for 250x's. I guess the 250x's are prewired for fans and the kit is like 500.00 without wiring.

One last thing I have not considered a fan just because my bike cools very very well even in 110 degree's.

The fan is availabel for a 250x but our 450's are not prewired for them. I have already been through this I looked it up and only thing i found was Part #'s for 250x's. I guess the 250x's are prewired for fans and the kit is like 500.00 without wiring.

One last thing I have not considered a fan just because my bike cools very very well even in 110 degree's.

hell the wireing would be a peice of cake! can you post a link to the parts for the 250X? im sure it would fit the 450

I was interested untill i saw the price. You can get trail computers for 200 bucks that'll tell you the temperature. A fan isn't really needed if you're moving at all.

You can get a trailtech vapor for under a $100 that tells temp, max temp...etc.

Or I'll sell ya one for $200 CFR guy. :applause:

I didnt know they gave all that information, i was referring to the Electrosport model that retails for $180. Is the Vapor waterproof? i heard the endurance model isn't... i do a lot of riding in the rain thats all.

Did ya do any research on it before you asked? Or provided a TTer with info that's a tad out of date? ... do a little more homework, and it'll help. :applause:

Yes, they are waterproof. Ever been to the trail tech website?!?

http://www.motosport.com/offroad/oem.php?make=HONDA&type=DIRT&model=CRF250X&year=2006

go here and find cooling fan. it has all the parts listed out for you along with thermoswitch and such. Too much work for me plus my bike does not overheat. al parts total with discount 741.03+shipping. Enjoy.

here is instructions how to do it on a 250x.

http://www.rickramsey.net/CRF250Xbigbore.htm#coolingfan

http://www.motosport.com/offroad/oem.php?make=HONDA&type=DIRT&model=CRF250X&year=2006

go here and find cooling fan. it has all the parts listed out for you along with thermoswitch and such. Too much work for me plus my bike does not overheat. al parts total with discount 741.03+shipping. Enjoy.

here is instructions how to do it on a 250x.

http://www.rickramsey.net/CRF250Xbigbore.htm#coolingfan

Wow, that's an incredible price to pay simply to make up for incorrect jetting;-)

Can anyone put the link for the 250X fan. And if theres no preset wires for it maybe another bikes fan can work and maybe cheaper too:cool:

How about going to the 250X forum and asking. :applause: (or look at Tat's post)

Not many 450X owners need this mod, or spend time researching it.

This isn't about bad jetting, it's about being safe for the hot season, over in baja (were I do most of my desert riding) it gets ridiculosly HOT:crazy: , and I could be crazy but I would prefer to have a fan on the bike then having to get stuck out in the desert with an overheated 450 and no cel phone signal.

This isn't about bad jetting, it's about being safe for the hot season, over in baja (were I do most of my desert riding) it gets ridiculosly HOT:crazy: , and I could be crazy but I would prefer to have a fan on the bike then having to get stuck out in the desert with an overheated 450 and no cel phone signal.

I hear ya! And understand the heat from Baja deserts... in the 100plus area. Usually not over 110 too often. However, your in the desert... and again, if your moving, and not sitting idle too long... you shouldn't have a problem. Use some water wetter, less coolant (as water is better at cooling the bike), and there should be no need for a fan.

Where are you riding that you think you'll need this fan?! I'm curious. (as I too ride a 450 in Baja, and in the desert ... I actually raced in 108 degree heat in El Centro... and have NOT had a problem)

:applause:

If you look at the Cooling Fan Kit section my Big Bore web page, you'll see that there are two kits for the CRF250X mentioned:

Fan set, cooling 19000-KSC-000 - '04, '05 about $200 at Service Honda

Fan set, cooling 19000-KSC-D00 - after '05 about $240 at Service Honda

The D00 kit includes additional parts: rectifier, condenser, fan motor relay, sub-harness.

That last comment about the D00 kit including the additional parts was based on information I got from a Service Honda person. I have not personally verified the information. To rectify this, I just ordered the D00 kit, and when it arrives in about a week, I'll post up what's in the kit. If it does have the extra parts, then the kit would be all you need for the 450X.

PS The cost of the kit that I ordered **TODAY** was $239.66; S&H was $7 extra. Service Honda 800-828-5498. Call soon or your buddies will all have one and you won't???

The web page:

CRF250X Big Bore

I am not associated in any way with Service Honda, nor do I derive any financial benefit from them. I do my own thang. :applause::eek:

I've had to use more and more my hotstart lever (I ride more time continuosly and the weather is gettig warmer and it's not even summer yet), after I stop and go so that I can take a drink or check my map sometimes I have to let the bike cool for 5 to 10 minutes so that it will start EZ, if I don't it takes it's toll on the battery charge; so I would preffer a fan to cool the bike some more and don't experience this and just startup fast. Also sometimes I ride solo.

Cool ramz, thank's. I'll be reading and if you can add some pic's of the kit you get I will appreciate it.