Sign in to follow this  

450x wheels on a 250x

I have an opportunity to buy some stock wheels off an 05 450X for my 05 250x. will the front hub/odo drive match up? I dont think there are any other issues? anyone?

I think it is a clean swap, just want to be sure.

what do you think of the price? he says they have 3 rides on them....

$530 shipped, front w/rotor, rear without rotor. He is converting the bike to supermoto.

no tires, but offering up stock tires w/studs for extra $$, and/or a set of King (S12 knockoffs) tires which I never heard of

Everything will fit but the rear rim is slightly wider. It is meant to take a wider tire although a 250 sized tire will fit the 450 rim. Price wise you still need to buy a rear rotor and two new tires. Add that to $550.00 and you are over $700.00. Thats a fair price, not a bargain.

Everything will fit but the rear rim is slightly wider. It is meant to take a wider tire although a 250 sized tire will fit the 450 rim. Price wise you still need to buy a rear rotor and two new tires. Add that to $550.00 and you are over $700.00. Thats a fair price, not a bargain.

It's the same back rim, 2.15

Front & Rear rims/hubs are identical between 250&450. As price comparison I bought 450X front and rear with tires, never used for 480 shipped. Sold the bigger rear tire for $50. Also came with spacers, sprocket & front rotor

Will a 450X rear rim only fit on the 250X? Same spokes, Same tire... I'm only planning on buying the rim and putting my 250X tire and spokes on it..will this work?

Unless replacing a bent rim or something,why would you want to replace them with 450 rims?

Front & Rear rims/hubs are identical between 250&450. As price comparison I bought 450X front and rear with tires, never used for 480 shipped. Sold the bigger rear tire for $50. Also came with spacers, sprocket & front rotor

They are not IDENTICAL, but they will work. The rear on a 250 is 1.85 wide and the 450 is 2.15. I have changed many tires and the first time I noticed was when I tried to use a rim lock for a 250 rear on a 450. Pick them up it's great to have an extra set, and even though there a is a slight difference you will never notice.