Sign in to follow this  

Dunlop 742FA performance question???

I tried to post this in general, but i quess they do not have much time on the tireto be able to answer.

I would like to know who has rode the new Dunlop 742FA. What is your opinion of the tire? I have only been on Dunlop after getting back into motocross last year after a long lay off, and Mich on a wood set up CR250 03. I have A new set of Mich MS3, but have not mounted them yet. I have the 756's now and a spare set of rims with 739's for hard pack tracks. I have both 4 and 2 stroke so any input is needed. I do not want to start a tire war thread

I run the 742FA and 952 rear combo and really like it. The 742FA seems to lean better and when it's going to let go it gives a little warning before doing so.

The 745's are supposed to be really good too. I have a set of those in the garage that I'll put on when the 742/952 combo is dead.

I may try one of those 745 fronts, but stick with the 952 rear. I haven't compared the two side by side, but doesn't the 745 have shorter knobs on the rear than the 952?

I dont like it...but im gonna run it until it wears out. After that im going maxxis. The dunlop always feels like it wants to slide out on me.