Sign in to follow this  

Spinning Bolt

Hey guys the bolt that holds my water pump guard is spinning in the frame.... I tried hitting it with an impact wrench but that didn't work, i don't want to result to cutting the head off, and drilling out the mess. Anybody have any ideas on how i should go about trying to get the little bugger out.:applause:

try to get something behind the guard, put some pressure on it, then hit it with the impact :applause:

its stripped???

no, the nut is spinning in the frame. have seen this b4

yep, take a shim and stick it between the frame and skid or bolt. it should be enough to keep the nut from spinning. (a door shim or a a toilet shim should do the trick. (like .25 cents at home depot)

haha i dont think a shim is gonna fit behind it. Its like it just spins forever and ever and never moves. I pulled the other frame guard to take a look and it looks like its got a helie coil in it. so i dunno what to do it that broke free. kinda weird cuz im still running the stock frame guards

In the future all, of your steel bolts should be coated with an anti sieze when installing them, and don't over torque them.

Hey guys just wanted to know i got it off. I had to go to my buddies house and use his gnarly 1/2" impact driver. I hammered a flat head behind the head of the boltAnd then the Impact driver just spun it right out. great how power seams to work huh everyone. so thanks for the help everyone.