Sign in to follow this  

The road between Uruapan and Tres Hermanos

How's the road between Uruapan and Tres Hermanos? I see on the map that it's a route for chase trucks, but I was wondering how long it would take to drive / how far it was from the Mex1 to Tres Hermanos.

I'm going to be down on the coast west of Santo Tomas this weekend, and was wondering how the drive would be for the guys that are in trucks (I'll be on my bike). I'm trying to figure out the best vantage point for watching the race for our group. I like that turn at the T near Punta San Jose, but I don't want to be locked-in there like I was during the 500.

I'd like to see the race earlier-on than Erendira / checkpiont 4 since so many may be broken by then.

Thanks.

That road has some very bad--rocky -- sections.. The only truck I would take out there is a rental--with 4WD. ( and 2 spare tires)

I would recommend watching in those "foothills" just east of Valle De Trinidad.

This race is a sprint, with very few "bad" sections....most cars- trucks -- bikes will finish. So, spectating near Erindira, you will still see most vehicles.

Have a good weekend, Ron

Hello Blue horse,

I will not be in the Baja for this one. I did pre-run with a class 40 team on mon-tues-wed....Fast, fun course. Grider and Childress were saying 3 1/2 hours... I believe the quote was " Wad or Win"

oh ya, here's that picture of you

caballo.jpg

I ended up doing the ride on Sunday just to check it out. Not a bad ride, but there was quite bit of traffic on that trail / road, including a group of a dozen on KTM's that let an XR650 and DRZ400 trail along.

Thanks for the input again...

That road has some very bad--rocky -- sections.

That's spot-on!