Sign in to follow this  

Barkbusters - missing handlebar threaded end tighteners - where to buy?

Hey all,

I have my barkbusters from my other bike, I was going to put on my XR250R. I can't seem to find the "threaded inserts" that the allen screw threads into on the handlebar ends, to mount the aluminum barkbusters to the end of my handlebars.

Does anyone know where I can purchase these? (or does anyone have any extras I could purchase?).

I see Moose racing offers "bar ends", but these dont' look like they will work with the alunimum barkbusters. \

Appreciate any input you could provide.

i hamered in sum nylock nuts and they have worked really really well.went it quite easily coz my bars are aluminium..........

I have several of these inserts lying around. Measure the ID of the handlebar, PM me your address and I'll send them to you, no charge.

• Helpful 1

I wrecked one and went to the Maier web site and whined like somebody stole my Tootsey Pop and they send me a new one.

I solved a similar problem by using a 2-inch bolt and about 1.75inchs of fuel line, and nut and washer. Put the bolt through the barkbuster, then thread on the fuel line, then the washer and finally the nut. When the bolt is spun fast the nut will tighten and expand the fuel line tightening in inside the bars. I did it using 7/8 bars but the concept should work with oversized bars as well. It helps to a corded drill to spin the bolt fast.

Go to a builders supplier/ hardware store & buy some 14mm diameter rawbolts, i always use these instead of the standard fitting kit, they fit in the bar ends perfectly! :applause:

I know a friend of mine used a rubber cork and drilled a hole in it. Which is basically what the inserts are if I remember right.

GeoXR,

What exactly are those?

They are rawbolts, or anchor bolts, used in the building trade, for fixing things into concrete etc, as you do up the bolt, the thing expands. trapping itself permanently in the ground/wall, but in my case, in the end of my handlebars, the 14mm diameter ones have an m8 bolt in them, the same size as the ones found in the barkbusters fitting kits!