Sign in to follow this  

SSR 110-A1D Transmission

I am considering getting a SSR 110-A1D, but it looks like they have transmission problems from what I've gathered, unless I'm just confused. Anyone know of common problems with these that should make me avoid them? Outlaw is price matching to a site I found that sells them cheaper but I just want to find answers for all my questions before I dump the money.

Also, what motor are on these? Are they reliable or is there something else that's better around the same price range?

The motor is a Zongshen 107cc motor. They are one of SSR's best selling models and you should be happy with it, especially with the new stronger hubs and chain guide they are putting on the newest versions.

Change the oil, keep the clutch adjusted, and try to stay away from extremely hard shifts and you should be fine.

its seems as though this lil bike is coming up alot lately, and not only here.. anywho i bought mine months ago, and couldnt be happier i got mine from outlaw too, nate is very helpful, excellent customer service and has a very good reputation..

I changed the grips, shock, peg mount, throttle tube, clutch/throttle cables, rear tire, gas cap and some other stuff that was on the cheesy side, but the frame and motor seem to be very strong especially when you consider what you are paying i mean it has to be one of the best bikes for the dollar, as for the motor it seems like it will run forever, the tranny wil probably be first to go but when that happens do what i'm going to do and just dump a gpx in her, if your looking to buy a good solid bike and dont want to break the bank in the process dont hesitate you'll be very happy

Is the transmissions 1 up, 3 down or all up?

Edit: Nevermind, already found out. I hear bad things about those.. hitting nuetral on down shift and such.

It is 1 dwn 3 up.

Honestly we have not experienced or heard of any of our customers having an issuse with mis-shift very much on the 107cc motors, not like on the 120-124cc motors.

note: The SSR90R has a 4 up shift Jialing.

What do you think the top speed would be on both of them with someone around 150 lb?

I got clocked at like 43 mph the other day and I weigh 150. probaly get it to 45 with a plug change though. Also I ride my 110 like I ride my race bike. I beat the crap outta my trans. and have never had a problem. The problems some people r having with the trans. might be due to not changing the oil. I chnged mine out to honda 10w-40 and the thing rides real smooth.

well i lost the tranny on my a1 just by shifting hard

Thats why you don't shift hard.Iv'e toasted a couple china motors by jamming the gears like I do on my big bikes.These were 120 and 125 motors though but I'd expect the same from any china motor.Just buy another motor there cheap enough thats what I did.

Thats why you don't shift hard.Iv'e toasted a couple china motors by jamming the gears like I do on my big bikes.These were 120 and 125 motors though but I'd expect the same from any china motor.Just buy another motor there cheap enough thats what I did.

Hard shift as in.. not disengaging the clutch?

Hard shift as in.. not disengaging the clutch?

Yes, that or just jamming the shifter down hard in general.