Sign in to follow this  

06 head,, every one read

has any one put an 06 head on there 05 or 04 bike ????? if so how did it work out? more power?

I would think that having a head ported/polished and new cams would make a bigger difference than a 06 head on an 04/05. It also is pry a couple hundred cheaper.

I would think that having a head ported/polished and new cams would make a bigger difference than a 06 head on an 04/05. It also is pry a couple hundred cheaper.

yup :applause:

I was wondering the same not because of power but because of reliability.

no the stock head is only 400 $$ for me , i also talked to the people at wmr and they said it makes a hell of a diference, i was just seeing if any one else has tryed it

i dunno maybe its cuz ur theres two types of 250s and the heads are the same so if they make more bikes, the demand for heads will be cheaper, and honda is popular

Not sure about the 06,but the 07 is factory ported.

The 07 is not ported...it is hand polished. Porting is when you make the stock openings bigger...since it is coming from the factory the openings are already stock.

I would get a price on having your head ported. There is a place in Michigan that will port and polish a head for 200. That is a lot cheaper than 400 for a new head. A ported head is going to let you engine breath alot more than a 06 head.

I did this comparison, Bone stock '06 head vs. '05 head with a mild port job and polished along with stock '06 cams. The '05 mod bike did run good but the '06 still had better throttle response, better low end hit and more mid range pull, the one thing the mod set up had better was the top end pull but it wasn't major. Now if I were to run a set of aftermarket cams in the '05 it may have been as good if not a little better than the stock '06 head???. The '06 head just has much better port configuration. :applause:

The retail on the stock 07 head is closer to $500 according to the price label on the one I have. I would let it go for $350 shipped to anyone that wants it. I bought a bike and the guy gave me an extra one he had.