Sign in to follow this  

2" bar risers questions

I was thinking about buying the Rox 2"risers. Do i need longer cables? Any other risers to look at?

Most likely although you could try "Creative Re-Routing". I would simply get the risers and test fit. Play with the cables before ordering them.

Many companies make them. Matter of personal preference. Some simply move the bars up, otheras up and back. Some are billet, some are cast.

I was thinking about buying the Rox 2"risers. Do i need longer cables? Any other risers to look at?

Do you have an E or S model? If you have an E (non-calif) I have a set of new Motion Pro cables with 2" added length I would part with. New.

I added some BigDr Risers to my CR-Highbends and everything seems to work fine, but I have only gone around the block a few times. Made a big difference while standing. Managed a couple roll-ons too, while I was at it.

I have the 2 inch Rox risers with CR High bars and still plenty of slack. It really makes a big improvement if you are tall.

If you do buy them, let us know how everything works out. I had the same worries, and thought if i had to buy new cables i probably wouldnt buy risers and bars.

I went for the Advanced Motorcycle Products version. It gives 1.25" rise and a choice of 1" or 5/8" forward. They are cheap at $58 and worked well for me (no cable issues). I did need to make a new keyswitch bracket because the spacing between the cap bolts is non-standard and the old one would not work.

Link

KLXkey.jpg

im not tall, 5'10", but i run a shorter bar, Emig bends, so i was thinking the two inch would be O.K. Most all my riding is stand up singletrack. I hope 2" isnt too much.

I assume the purpose of bar risers is to get a more upright position when standing? I'm only 5'10" but even I notice I am a little kinked over or having to bend knees weird to get comfortable when standing...these will help?

Also, I thought I had heard somewhere that you could just buy another set of factory top clamps (if using factory bar) and double stack them with longer bolts...true?

Thanks,

Jv

im not tall, 5'10", but i run a shorter bar, Emig bends, so i was thinking the two inch would be O.K. Most all my riding is stand up singletrack. I hope 2" isnt too much.

I am 5'10" also and thought 2" was a bit much for me. I ended up with 3/4" risers/adapters and Pro-Taper CR High bend fat bars. Much, much better....I can now stand for long periods of time and don't feel hunched over.