Sign in to follow this  

Best Hollister Tires

Reviving an old discussion...but its a year later and tires change. I have a 250x and ride in Hollister, mostly the back trails. I don't like the 756 rear, or the 742 front and want to change. The hardpack was nasty yesterday, I was slipping all over the place, front and rear, no traction. What tires are you running on the 250x's in Hollister?

Kenda Millville and the Dunlops 739 are my favorites for all terrain. I think the 739 bites better when low on tread.

Who has the best price on those 739's. I'm looking to order some new tires tonight.

...The hardpack was nasty yesterday, I was slipping all over the place, front and rear, no traction...

Been a while - are you saying it was very dry & very hard so there was no bite? As in concrete?

Hard ruts too?

I ride at stony with my Perelli mt 32 it has lasted real well kind of surprised especially how rocky and dry it has been.

Try a Michellin M-12 front with an S-12 rear. Love this combo on my KTM 520

Been a while - are you saying it was very dry & very hard so there was no bite? As in concrete?

Hard ruts too?

Yes..... concrete and sand dust. Lots of short choppy ripples pounding my arms. I am amazed it dried out there so fast. It was a sloppy mess not to long ago. Looking forward to a couple more rains this year.

• Like 1

Yes..... concrete and sand dust. Lots of short choppy ripples pounding my arms. I am amazed it dried out there so fast. It was a sloppy mess not to long ago. Looking forward to a couple more rains this year.

Kinda sad that it dried up so fast beacuse the last two weekends have been primo.

The news of dry conditions at HH and Carnegie have made me muy triste (very sad). I'm gonna park the little blue pig for the rest of the month of march hopefully the snow will melt enough in the sierras to alow some kind of riding in april :applause:

I ride at stony with my Perelli mt 32 it has lasted real well kind of surprised especially how rocky and dry it has been.

I would have to agree, I don't know about the 250f's but on my 450f the Perelli MT32 on the back will out perform any tire that I have ever ran on any terrain. I also run the Perelli MT44 on the front and IM having some fantastic luck with the combo.

hope that help

Kinda sad that it dried up so fast beacuse the last two weekends have been primo.

The news of dry conditions at HH and Carnegie have made me muy triste (very sad). I'm gonna park the little blue pig for the rest of the month of march hopefully the snow will melt enough in the sierras to alow some kind of riding in april :applause:

Toughen up and ride through the dust man, jk but still dust aint that bad if your riding solo or with just 1 or 2 people. Also it makes hills more challenging and momentum is the name of the game when it dires up at carnegie, or since it's spring just stray a bit off the trodden path in the nice green grass with oodles of traction. The only thing I'm kinda bummed about is its starting to get hot and allergies. It was in the low 90's like 2 days ago i think

... It was in the low 90's like 2 days ago i think

Pretty sure it just 'felt' like it - don't think it was quite that warm.

Didn't the fellow that ran the store at Carnegie for a long time use special tires? Skip? Hard as concrete at that place in the summer...

Mostly any hardpack tire will be fine. Not the Maxxis though, those tires do not hook up. My 250X chunks most soft terrain tires, S12 included.