Sign in to follow this  

Carb Removal

Can someone give me a step by step on how to remove a FCR carb off a 2006? I have taken carbs off my two strokes but they only had a one throttle cable and no hot start obviously.

i usually like to take out the subframe and air box, air boot, and tank....then i just turn off the fuel tap...and unscrew the 2 clamps holding it....and i usually leave the throttle cable and Ap cable....and i just pull the carb out and lean it against the side....when i clean the bike...but when i want to clean it or rejet it...i take out the 2 cables in the throttle housing..and the hot start pluger...it's fairly easy

I also use the way racer24 does. It makes it a heck of a lot easier to just remove the subframe assembly. It's only 3 more bolts anyway.

actually five :applause: If you want to get the whole subframe off, yoy need to take the bolt that holds the silencer off too, and the one more bolt from the numberplate. I'm bored!! :lol:

Can you rejet the carb in the bike? I am going to have my subframe and shock off because im have my suspension hardcoated and revalved. Will I be able to get to the carb easily?

I re-jetted my 07' without removeing the carb...........

yes u can rejet with the cables still holding the carb....u can only do the pilot and main circuit though...i usually just take it all off...that way i can check the float height and fully clean it

But when you are riding and need to change the main jet in the pits, you don't have to do nothing more than loosen the two screws on the carb boots (or whatever the things are called) and the drain bolt from the bottom of the carb and you can change it really quickly. Same goes with the idle jet but i never had to change it yet.