Sign in to follow this  

What's the quietest silencer for a 2000 KX250?

I have a stock one from a 2000 kx250 that is in great shape, no bends or dents. I'll sell it for $30 plus shipping. PM me if you're interested.

i got an idea - just push your bike around and it won't make any noise. they are supposed to make noise buddy.

i got an idea - just push your bike around and it won't make any noise. they are supposed to make noise buddy.
That's the kind of attitude that gets our riding areas closed. Jeekinz should be applauded for wanting to keep his bike quite, not ridiculed by a thoughtless jerk.

Dude, check the date on the thread.

The bike I bought had a PC Factory Sound which was loud as :cool:

:applause:

I would like to know which pipe also. My stock one is destroyed!

chock its all good i know jeeks from kxriders.com just jaggin him a bit. i just like my beast to roar.

I'm running an FMF Gnarly Pipe with a FMF Turbine II silencer it's USFS approved.

It isn't as loud as stock, but is still probably around 90db. I'd love the bike to be as quiet as a little TTR-250 but that's never gonna happen. The Gnarly pipe is thicker wall metal than stock pipe which cuts noise down and the design of the Turbine Core pipe cuts down noise too. The stock silencer is a straight through design and just relies on glass matting to absorb the sound, the Turbine core has mechanical chambers to cut down the sound noise.

I hate the guys running those shorty silencers or NONE at all :mad

Dude, check the date on the thread.

The bike I bought had a PC Factory Sound which was loud as :thumbsup:

:ride:

hey jeeks you still got that silencer. is it a shorty i was thinking of buying one of those but if i can get used then cool!! duke ^^^^^^^ hates me now!!!

hey jeeks you still got that silencer. is it a shorty i was thinking of buying one of those but if i can get used then cool!! duke ^^^^^^^ hates me now!!!

Naa. I gave it away. That thing was way too loud. Even if I got some performace gains by installing it, it's not worth it to have to put up with the Db's. On my new 250 I have the PC Works pipe and a stock silencer. Combined they produce a nice rich sound. My other 250 has all stock exhaust.

Naa. I gave it away. That thing was way too loud. Even if I got some performace gains by installing it, it's not worth it to have to put up with the Db's. On my new 250 I have the PC Works pipe and a stock silencer. Combined they produce a nice rich sound. My other 250 has all stock exhaust.

when i had my 2004 harley springer i got the vance and hines short shots and took the baffles out ohh boy very friggen loud let me tell you. i was also a cannon crew member and forward observer in the us army want to talk about loud. i should be deaf already. nothing like sleeping on a cot and being woke up by the sound of a firing howitzer 3 feet away from you haha.

when i had my 2004 harley springer i got the vance and hines short shots and took the baffles out ohh boy very friggen loud let me tell you. i was also a cannon crew member and forward observer in the us army want to talk about loud. i should be deaf already. nothing like sleeping on a cot and being woke up by the sound of a firing howitzer 3 feet away from you haha.

These were loud. People would roll up their windows if I was at a light idling next to them. I'd be like :thumbsup:

HD1.jpg